Nrl 2017

Gad

Things are a happening around the clubs.

one of Manly`s, new CEO`s jobs is apparently to tidy up (clean out) their football department, which could mean Bozo and family, which in turn could have Trent Barrett`s knees knocking, which in turn may have Dessie Hasler smiling and the Doggies masters are struggling to decide if to now announce they and Des have apparently sorted out their performance based snags for a new contract, kissed and made up or wait and hope the Doggies get on a winning roll before making the big announcement.

Then again Des may now wait to see how things turn out at Manly  :lol:

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah yea Andrew Webster, Sydney sports journo, now we will see a change. Someone in charge who knows exactly in which areas all coaches are doing it wrong, which slacking players are spending too much effort in the grooming department and not enough time in the training department. Someone who clearly knows where all before have gone wrong!... 

oops sorry, wrong Andrew Webster

may be Kelvin`s plan is the way to go, e`cat could have a contractual carton of choccies delivered match day to the coaches’ box, that way he will out perform Taylor, by always having that winning feeling. :lol:

On 3/18/2017 at 10:22 PM, Gad said:

Roosters 14  v  Panthers 12

I can`t see any Panthers getting fitted for a GF ring this year

That's a bit harsh there mate at this stage of the season.

We were absolutely robbed. That last Roosters try should have been called back for a forward pass - in the play that scored the try. Even Tony Archer has publicly said that: http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/19/03/32/panthers-refuse-to-blame-nrl-refs

22 hours ago, Gad said:

Tigers sack Jason Taylor effective immediately

JASON Taylor has been sacked by Wests Tigers effective immediately, the club revealed in a statement today.

Tigers chairwoman Marina Go said the decision had not been easy.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Jason for his commitment and contribution to the club during his time as head coach,” she said.

Full story:  http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers/wests-tigers-to-sack-coach-jason-taylor-following-loss-to-raiders/news-story/b2032d55bd7487bcb578ccf3f11100cd

I couldn't stand Taylor when he coached us at Souths, and his figures showed. My wife's family's team is Wests and it has been like deja vu watching Taylor coach all over again. The truth is some ex-players just don't make good coaches, simple. I don't know why he keeps getting a cap.

5 hours ago, Terry H said:

That's a bit harsh there mate at this stage of the season.

We were absolutely robbed. That last Roosters try should have been called back for a forward pass - in the play that scored the try. Even Tony Archer has publicly said that: http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/03/19/03/32/panthers-refuse-to-blame-nrl-refs

Terry didn`t mean to ruffle any feathers, didn`t opine to be a bit  harsh.

I did watch the game on TV and enjoyed the tussle. I saw the Mitchell pass that gained the high fibre content after leaving his hands.

I feel for the touchee (now hung out to dry by Archer) he didn`t have the advantage of Archers` slow mo replays, nor the many angles, nor the height of spider cam for a good overhead, in the split second required …. Still a missed call is a missed call!

If the score had been Panthers 14 – Roosters 12  I would have said, “I can`t see any Panthers getting fitted for a GF ring this year”

In saying that, even with the Roosters now 3/0, I can`t see any Roosters being fitted for a GF ring this year either.

I must say @Gad I was going to say that you may be going off a bit early with your Panthers call ....... :) I didn't watch the game but the Roosters have been playing well, it sounded like the wet conditions would suit the Roosters better and I heard a stat about the season starts of the last 3 premiers and it was something like 0/3, 0/3 and 1/3 (or similar - none of them had started well anyway). Time will tell - as always injuries play a big part in it. I'd want good betting odds to be betting on the premiers prior to August.

Taylor was a good player, but he must not of learnt anything from his coaches, as he has to have the players wanting to play for him and the team overall. You can teach football all you like, but can you get the players on side, can you gee them up to play their best.

Dino

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

....it sounded like the wet conditions would suit the Roosters better....

yes, I checked the forecast for the game and wet day was mentioned and that`s how I picked the Roosters to win :lol:

Terry, I do not doubt the Panthers will give it a good crack, as long as Griffin doesn`t restructure their offense too much :)

Bunnies 6  v  Roosters 20

The Roosters fought hard to keep the 14 point half time margin

I enjoy Sam Burgess putting on big hits, many times they are either penalty givers to the opposition or the clown does damage to himself, and the brothers say he`s the intelligent one of the three :lol:

14 hours ago, Gad said:

Bunnies 6  v  Roosters 20

The Roosters fought hard to keep the 14 point half time margin

I enjoy Sam Burgess putting on big hits, many times they are either penalty givers to the opposition or the clown does damage to himself, and the brothers say he`s the intelligent one of the three :lol:

As a Souths fan, I pretty much despise Eastern suburbs, and always look forward to the 109 year old rivalry. However last night played out as I expected. Souths are still ironing out position changes, while Easts are back to the supreme form they were a couple of years ago. I don't think Souths played that bad, the chooks were just clearly the better team.

Sam Burgess is a front rower, not paid for his intelligence, but his inspiration and spirit. Yes, he gives away stupid penalties quite often, but oh well. Personally last night, I think the Bondi boys did a lot of the better hits, especially when it was needed.

2 hours ago, Tybo said:

Sam Burgess is a front rower, not paid for his intelligence, but his inspiration and spirit. Yes, he gives away stupid penalties quite often, but oh well. Personally last night, I think the Bondi boys did a lot of the better hits, especially when it was needed.

yes I fully understand that. My aim is that He is the one that often comes out damaged, concussions, split foreheads, above eyebrows, over his cheek bone etc, many years ago there was constant accusations that tackling Nate Myles lead with his head, I`m kind of convinced someone does frequently and purposely use his head in tackles. But I`m sure some will say it`s only a poor tackling style.:)

agree

Friday night footy

Panthers  v  Knights

the one thing in the Knights favour, wet/heavy track

Broncos  v  Raiders

hopefully the Raiders have multiple infected scratches from the Tiggers last week. :lol: I`m relying on the 5 day turn around curse for my tipping in this game :)

Manly 36  v  Dogs 00

Tent Barrett`s now smiling and Dessie`s knees are now a knocking.... may be the Tiggers will by-pass Cleary, Daly and Tooves and beat Manly to Dessie :lol:

Eels 6  v  Sharks 20

now that the Eels are back in the competition they appear not to have a point to prove from last season?

Titans 26  v  Cowboys 32

Titans shot themselves by the amount of errors they produced.

I was surprised I found myself favouring manly, I have not liked them for years, they used to get all the penalties their way and had a lot of grubby players, But the grubs seem to be gone and they were playing good football. For once the grubs seemed to be from the dogs.

Ref favoured the sharks in that game

Still to watch the cowboys it was past my bedtime:1_grinning:

end of round 4

Storm 22  v  Tigers 14

Tigs 14-0  after 39 minutes, followed by Storms  22 unanswered points.

Big 3 & co showed media named Big four it`s all in the heart and not in the delusion it`s every body else`s fault

Dragons 26  v  Warriors 12

Surprise surprise... interesting to see how the Dragons go against stronger opponents than they've played so far.

12 hours ago, ellicat said:

The only magic he seems to show is that he maintains his spot; one of the laziest players I can recall.

during the off season appears he was  grazing in rich pastures too. 

Walters had both halves developing well before he took over the Maroons job. Both have slipped backwards, I do not think, with Hunt going to the Dragons next year,  his game will develope to the great heights he was originally pegged for, then again...

Saturday round up

Sharks 19  v  Knights 18

Sharks won this with a field goal in the 78th min. This game said more about the Knights this year, than it did about the where the Sharks are headed at present.

Raiders 30  v  Eels 18

I did not think the Raiders were overly impressive, if the Eels can start to play 70-80 mins they may regain last years form, then again some have their minds on rugby union and other things

Storm 28  v  Panthers 6

If Bellamy gets the Storms attack to their defence level, their this years grand finalists (barring major injuries of course)

Archived