Nrl 2017

Gad

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday results

Titans 38  v  Knights 8

Titans were firing and Knights were..... ?

Dogs 16  v  Raiders 10

well, at least I`m happy, I tipped the Dogs  :)

Sharks 22  v  Tigers 16

I`m not sure if the Sharks were lucky or the Tigers unlucky. Good to see the Tigers putting in for the 80 minutes again, their reward will come…

Sunday, Apr 30

Warriors vs. Roosters   2.00pm  Fox

Dragons vs. Storm   4.00pm  Nine

end round 9

Sunday results

Warriors 14  v  Roosters 13

Warriors won with penalty goal in 79th minute

U Beaut  picked them :)  

Storm 34  v  Dragons 22

Cronk sent to sin bin for 10 minutes in 65th minute, this allowed the Dragons to run in 3 tries.

Next weekend no NRL Fixtures

FRI – Sunday  MAY 5 – 7  REP Week End ROUND

Fri May 5  ANZAC TEST Aussies  v  Kiwi`s Test 

Fri May 5  Womens Aus  v  Kiwi Test

Saturday May 6  PNG Kumuls  v Cook Islands

England v Somoa

Sun May 7  Country v City at Mudgee

EDIT: Aussie squad; OUT Aaron Woods, Pappali, Shannon Boyd  IN 15 Jake Trbojevic  18 Jordan Mclean

Kangaroos squad:  1 Darius Boyd  2 Blake Ferguson  3 Josh Dugan  4 Will Chambers  5 Valentine Holmes  6 Johnathan Thurston  7 Cooper Cronk  8 Andrew Fifita  9 Cameron Smith  10 David Klemmer  11 Boyd Cordner  12 Matt Gillett  13 Trent Merrin  14 Michael Morgan  15 Jake Trbojevic 16 Tyson Frizell  17 Sam Thaiday      18th man - Jordan Mclean   19th man - James Maloney  20th man - Justin O’Neill

EDIT: May 1 2017 OUT Nelson Asofa-Solomona.  IN Elijah Taylor

Kiwi squad:  Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenny Bromwich, Kieran Foran, David Fusitu'a, Shaun Johnson, Jordan Kahu, Issac Luke, Simon Mannering, Kodi Nikorima, Russell Packer, Kevin Proctor, Jordan Rapana, Brandon Smith, Jason Taumalolo, Martin Taupau, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Whare.

FRI MAY 5 – Sun May 7  REP Week End

Fri

ANZAC TEST Aussies  v  Kiwis   8.00pm nine

Fri   Junior  Kangaroos  v  Junior Kiwi  3.15pm

Fri Aus Jillaroos  v  Kiwi Ferns Test  5.25pm

Saturday May 6 

PNG Kumuls  v Cook Islands  3.15pm

Fiji  v  Tonga 5.30pm

England v Somoa  7.40pm

Sun May 7 

Country v City at Mudgee  4.00pm nine

Friday results

Anzac Test  Aus 30  v  12 Kiwis

Aus Jillaroos 16  v 4 Kiwi Ferns

Junior Kangaroos 46  v 22 Junior Kiwis

I must admit I was surprised by the Anzac test, I had expected it would be a close game with many ‘on the edge of the seat’ moments, oh well, I got to read a few articles in May`s QFM during the second half.

The highlight for me was Matt Gillett getting player of the match.

Going by last nights opportunity, Fifita should now go down as a one test only test rep!   

EDIT  correction: I had forgotten that Fifita had played a few tests in 2013 World Cup series.

Shaun Kenny-Dowall got busted Thursday night/Friday morning for possession of cocaine in a night club and Cronulla chairman Damian Keogh resigned this morning for also being busted for being in possession of cocaine.

I`m happy I don`t spruik any and every talented person as a super role model, I`d be set for a life of disappointment if I did .

1 hour ago, Gad said:

I`m happy I don`t spruik any and every talented person as a super role model, I`d be set for a life of disappointment if I did .

SKD doesn't fit in that category anyway. Genuine turkey. 

Big couple of days for the nrl though. They just can't escape this sort of rubbish. 

SKD doesn't fit in that category anyway.

he does have footy talent, but is some times prone to ball handling errors…. even Darren Lockyer knocked on from a kick off in a test.

Genuine turkey….  I wouldn`t put him in the same coop as George Burgess  :lol:

They just can't escape this sort of rubbish....   The NRL Commission likes to give lip service about their concern for player welfare both on and off the field,  but unlike other  sporting bodies, where a national social problem is concerned  they like to feed the media frenzy and be seen throwing the player under the bus.

Round 10

Thursday, May 11 

Bulldogs vs. Cowboys   ANZ Stadium   7.50pm   nine

Friday

Dragons vs. Sharks    UOW Jubilee Oval   6.00pm    fox

Tigers vs. Rabbitohs    ANZ Stadium   7.50pm    nine

Saturday

Panthers vs. Warriors    Pepper Stadium   3.00pm

Storm vs. Titans    Suncorp Stadium   5.30pm 

Sea Eagles vs. Broncos    Suncorp Stadium   7.50pm

Sunday

Knights vs. Raiders    McDonald Jones Stadium   2.00pm    fox

Roosters vs. Eels    Allianz Stadium   4.00pm    nine

NRL adopts 'alternative' national anthem for Indigenous round

When players run onto the field tonight for the first match of the Indigenous round of the National Rugby League season, they will sing the national anthem as usual.

What comes next is believed to be an Australian sporting first.

The audio recording of an alternative national anthem, written by Judith Durham of The Seekers fame in 2009, will be played to the crowd, who can recite the words which will be displayed on the screens at the grounds.

Judith Durham's lyrics

Australians let us stand as one, upon this sacred land.
A new day dawns, we're moving on to trust and understand.
Combine our ancient history and cultures everywhere,
To bond together for all time, advance Australia fair.
With loving hearts then let us sing, advance Australia fair.

Australians let us all be one, with peace and harmony.
Our precious water, soil and sun, grant life for you and me.
Our land abounds in nature's gifts to love, respect and share,
And honouring the Dreaming, advance Australia fair.
With loving hearts then let us sing, advance Australia fair.

Full article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-11/nrl-adopt-judith-durham-australian-national-anthem-indigenous/8514868?WT.ac=statenews_qld

quote{"I don't feel particularly connected or included in what [the current anthem] speaks about," Mr Sarra said.}

yes, I can relate to that, one side of my family arrived in this land of opportunity in chains and guided by the point of an English bayonette, BUT hey, with Irish ancestry on the other side of the family one knows poo happens, who holds a grudge. :ausflag:

Thurs night results

Cowboys 30  v  14  Dogs

just as well for the Dogs the Cowboys had a player in the bin for 10 minutes, up against 12 players the Dogs put on 10 points, for most of the remaining 70 minutes the Dogs would not have been able to think themselves out of a wet paper bag.:no:

I was disgusted with the ref last night. Right from the start he tried to get the dogs on the board, then he settled down to a bit of decent reffing, but towards the end he went bad again giving penalties to dogs for no reason, the cowboys were dumfounded. I am sick to my teeth with players milking all the time, when tackled they just drop back to the ground with nobody touching them and the ref awards a penalty. Morris brothers do it all the time.

Dino

Friday results

Sharks 18  v  14  Dragons

with possession being split 50/50, Widdop and Dugan missing for the Dragons made a big difference in this game.

Rabbitohs 28  v  8 Tigers

The Tigers played a great 5 minutes after half time. Their 58 to 15 missed tackles tells the whole story of the 80 minutes.

PS. note to myself... do not tip the Tiggers again this season :no: even if the Bunnies fail the drug test tonight. :lol:

yes, it makes one wonder just who is responsible for allowing the game to be brought into disrepute, is it really the player who does a one person conga dance with a cute  puppy (hi Steve) in a private dwelling and gets 3 months suspension or is it the 'powers that are' that does not allow a $2+ million bunker set up to be used to call forward passes that lead to a try. After all if everyone apart from the 2 refs and the 2 touchies can see it, why can`t the bunker call it.

Grrrr ...... tipped Souths, then changed to Tigers yesterday arvo, then heard them all tipping Souths in the pre-match discussions so decided to change but was locked out (because the game was 'due to start' at 7:50 .........). Grrrrr!!!   Reynolds was all class again.

Saturday results

Panthers 36  v  28 Warriors   

WTF… obviously with a 24-6 start the Warriors forgot it was an 80 minute game

Titans  38  v  36  Storm     

with injured players returning recently the Titans have been building to take a big scalp, the Storm was it tonight. Unfortunately for the Titans 3 more players injured in the game.

Broncos  24  v  14  Manly

with the Broncos coughing and spluttering from the kick off  in the first half and Manly having a 14-0 lead at half time… Manly lost  (I wont mention one of their 3 trys came from a  forward pass, I`ll leave that for Dino :lol:)

end of round 10

Sunday

Knights 34  v   20 Raiders   

One team turned up mentally ready and the other team thought they just had to turn up.

Roosters 48  v   10 Eels   

Looked like every Rooster was playing for an origin spot.

Round 11

Thursday, May 18

Sharks vs. Cowboys   Southern Cross Group Stadium  7:50pm  NINE

Friday, May 19

Warriors vs. Dragons   FMG Stadium, Waikato  6:00pm  FOX

Broncos vs. Tigers   Suncorp Stadium  7:50pm   NINE

Saturday, May 20

Titans vs. Sea Eagles   CBus Super Stadium   5:30pm  FOX

Eels vs. Raiders   ANZ Stadium   7:30pm  FOX

Sunday, May 21

Knights vs. Panthers   McDonald Jones Stadium   2:00pm  FOX

Bulldogs vs. Roosters   ANZ Stadium   4:00pm   NINE

Rabbitohs vs. Storm   NIB Stadium   6:30pm   FOX

Looks an easy tipping round but any favourite that doesn`t turn up committed could get a shock eg: whether the Bunnies are having a good or bad season they have a good record playing in Perth

Thursday results

Sharks 18 vs.14 Cowboys  

Cowboys held a 14-0 lead at half time. Cowboys had their chances to win, but could not match their intensity of the first half. That`s not meant to take anything away from the Sharks second half effort.

Friday results

Warriors 14 vs 30 Dragons 

the Warriors away from Mt.Smart, couldn`t beat themselves out of a wet paper bag

Broncos 36  vs   O Tigers  

…. for one team it`s turning into a very looong season.

going by reports other than the courier mail (is it true or did you pay to read it in the cm :lol:) he`s got a doozy of a headache, will have precautionary scans, but is expected to play the 'once were' Warriors next weekend. :)

(that is, if he settles back to earth and the headache goes away)

Saturday results

Titans 10  v   30 Sea Eagles  

both Titans and Manly are up & down like dads pants in his haydays

Eels 16 v   22 Raiders  

The Eels could have had the 2 points... Moses should improve with his 3rd training run :lol:

Archived