Gold Coast Fisho

marty

Been fishing on the Goldy for many years and more recently hare started to venture offshore. The two guys I used to fish with have respectively moved away or taken on new interests so I am looking for a new fishing mate (or two). Over the years I have lost umpteen hours of sleep chasing Jacks and Fatties on lures, plus more recently chasing Pelagics offshore on bait and lures. Have been madly renovating the last couple of years so haven't fished much, but it is time to get back into it. I currently have 2 boats (one will appear in the classifieds soon) - with the newer one suited for inshore and offshore. All the gear and some idea! 

Marty

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Angus. Haven't chased them at all lately but the cold weather (and dirty water) should slow them down a little. I know the ocean temp has dropped 3 degrees and with all the fresh running in the creeks they must have dropped also.

I'm brand new to fishing in general but jack fishing on the Gold coast has definitely got my interest. I'm just land based off minimal knowledge, if you boys go chuck a report up, would love to know when people are catching then. People like Mick horn make it seem too easy. 

10 hours ago, Milpool said:

I'm brand new to fishing in general but jack fishing on the Gold coast has definitely got my interest. I'm just land based off minimal knowledge, if you boys go chuck a report up, would love to know when people are catching then. People like Mick horn make it seem too easy. 

I think it's all too easy to get the wrong impression sometimes off social media.

Every "gun" fisho I've met has been extremely dedicated to doing what they love to do and I'm sure all the trophy fish they post have countless hours invested into the capture.

The old adage of 'time on the water' is often bantied about but is so true, enjoy the process, keep your eyes peeled and fish actively, you may get close a few times and lose but when that fish you've been chasing so long hits the deck everything you've done leading up to that point in time will be so worth it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate, I live on the coast and do quite abit of estuary fishing, I have a boat but unfortunately nothing that can go offshore, I've been offshore a few times with a work mate and would love to go out more regularly, feel free to private message me if you ever want a deckie! 

Archived