2017 Seq Suburbs Of Origin - Round 1 - May 25-27

The Mad Hughesy

Well folks, with Round 1 of the 2017 SEQ SUBURBS OF ORIGIN upon us, it's time to start planning your fishing trips etc and get ready to crush the opposition!

Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! The teams as it stands now are as follows...let me know if you are not on the list but want to fish

TEAM NORTHSIDE  @christophagus@Luvit@Tybo@timtam_@Doyley@Terrova@Dinodadog@Luke Landrunner@Binder@Fishaman

TEAM SOUTHSIDE @Angus@Do$tylz@Old Scaley@kmcrosby78@DropBear@Danny91@demarc@ellicat@benno573

To summarise the comp... 5 target species; Bream, Bass, Flathead, Snapper and Tailor. For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 3 out of the 5 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item (to be advised on Wednesday night) with the size of the fish clearly visible! Please note, legal fish only will be accepted! All submissions must be posted in this topic by 7pm on Sunday night Happy Fishing and tight lines. Unique item will be released on Wednesday night. SO watch this space! New species will be added for round two, but for now it will just be the original 5 below.

UNIQUE ITEM : PEACE SYMBOL

To brush up on the rules, please se the below topic link

Please note: as i will be overseas for round 1, you will all have to keep a running list of who has the largest fish of each species. If someone wants to post up the below fish list and continue to edit it as fish are caught, please feel free.

BREAM - 29.5cm Team Southside (Ellicat)

BASS - 45cm Team Northside (Dinodadog)

FLATHEAD - 59cm Team Southside (Ellicat)

SNAPPER - 39cm Team Southside (Old Scaley)

TAILOR - 43cm Team Northside (Luke Landrunner)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, josha293 said:

Yeah but nothing legal and nothing to brag about. I always find comp fishing hard, i can catch fish every day of the week but come comp time and i cant find a single fish.

20170524_105256.jpg

Typical Northsider fish, just a tad short on one end, lol :D:fishing::frantics:

2 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Southerners would have butterflied it and doubled the size:whistle: 

Bit hard to butterfly your current entries though ZERO.:D

You are back to 100% with the comments Lance.;)

Hahahaha, just in need of a bit of spirit lifting banter Wayne.

With some slight modifications, I could have my own personal electro fishing device although it would be slightly uncomfortable using it, lol

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

If you are looking for someone to talk crap you come to the right place.

Would we need a crane to lower you fully in the water for the electro device to work?

Wifi... huehuehue wait till I hack it. Then I can make Lance dance from my phone, instead of the bottle of burbon it takes now.

1 hour ago, demarc said:

Wifi... huehuehue wait till I hack it. Then I can make Lance dance from my phone, instead of the bottle of burbon it takes now.

They gave me some wifi device that has it's own cdn network to live steam my data from the defib.

They will occasionally page me through this thing and then I have to stand near it and press a button and it uploads all the data, downloads any updates and also runs a check on the unit for battery status and other stuff.

We need to hack into it so I have a permanent internet connection,lol

1 hour ago, aussie123 said:

They gave me some wifi device that has it's own cdn network to live steam my data from the defib.

They will occasionally page me through this thing and then I have to stand near it and press a button and it uploads all the data, downloads any updates and also runs a check on the unit for battery status and other stuff.

We need to hack into it so I have a permanent internet connection,lol

Give me an hour lance. :-) 

6 hours ago, Do$tylz said:

Oh man.. am only able to get out Sunday so will miss the cut off dates.

Orrr...... we could extend by 1 day to allow for Sunday fisho's....:35_thinking:

Northsiders started Wednesday Henry so we have til Tuesday ....... :devil: Hope you fellas do well - I've decided to head out for a rare arvo/evening session that could end up being quite a prolonged adventure ....... just river and Mud so hopefully somethings around :)

Not a bad length, just a shame that it doesn't count for the comp. Seems a bit silly to me that only 'healthy looking fish' are eligible but hey, rules are rules ........ :whistle:  Getting ready to leave now (after we lost the battle with our 2yr old - luckily the wife has whisked him away ......., phew!!).

11 minutes ago, christophagus said:

@Richy really wish i could count those fish mate...you would be taking out two of the categories at the moment...but there is no peace symbol or word in the pics...sorry mate

@Richy do you still have the fish and/or frames? A quick photo now with the peace symbol proves they're from this weekend :)   Here's my MASSIVE bream from my 29hr hour adventure (exaggerating, just ....).  Well done on the squire @Old Scaley - what's the lure?

Bream.jpg.9ae04da7e2be478e0e4dfb3e3dbb0530.jpg

Archived