Wanderers 1770 - September

demarc

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tugger said:

Are you going for the 2 weeks as well Brad

yer mate two weeks going to be staying in the same street the wife is ringing today,i think terry is coming up on the  first friday  for the weekend also,but he might change it to on the weekend you will be there so hope we get some good fishing in,i will have to buy some 20ltr fuel containers,will post up when iam booked.brad

43 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

Depends on the seas at the time Brad but generally 1.5 hours will see you out there

oh ok didnt  think it was that far best go straight to sykes and stay there the night if the weather is good,we will need to look at closer fishing spots to as a back up plan,julian you have any spots that are not as far?

3 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

ok pillies? the cheapest i see mullt fillets is 4 buck a kg its pretty good

Ill grab a few kgs of pillies... Mullet is what I find myself going through a lot off. Next weekend Ill look at buying. My bait guy can also get slimies shipped up, so was thinking 15kg or so of them too. 

1 minute ago, aussie123 said:

4 bux a kg is good so do definitely grab it before the prices go up which will not be too far off now.

I think most of the mullet run is over now so the prices will slowly go up again.

You coming up Lance? Spoke to brad... 6 weeks... sure caught up with me. Will have to do a roll call and see what numbers we got. Luke? Drop Bear? 

1 minute ago, demarc said:

You coming up Lance? Spoke to brad... 6 weeks... sure caught up with me. Will have to do a roll call and see what numbers we got. Luke? Drop Bear? 

I don't think it matters what I say right now cos I am sure i will go up for at least a week,lol

I will be there mate, just can't confirm when till it gets closer due to work and health stuff at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

got 100kg of mullet and 30kg of pillies have to get some squid staring to run out of freezer room,not long to go now boys

Thanks again man! I got some accomodation dramas. Hopefully have a new joint sorted tomorrow. 

Got a new house. More expensive, but what an awesome big house. $110p/n split between who ever is in the house.

http://www.1770holidaysonline.com.au/accommodation/3011391

Can sleep 9 people. 2 queens, 2 singles, 1 set of bunk (double on bottom) lounge can also be converted to a double bed.

Not long left now... I need numbers for the first week! Luke, Drop Bear, any updates? I have extra room for 4 for the second week too now.

5 hours ago, demarc said:

Got a new house. More expensive, but what an awesome big house. $110p/n split between who ever is in the house.

http://www.1770holidaysonline.com.au/accommodation/3011391

Can sleep 9 people. 2 queens, 2 singles, 1 set of bunk (double on bottom) lounge can also be converted to a double bed.

Not long left now... I need numbers for the first week! Luke, Drop Bear, any updates? I have extra room for 4 for the second week too now.

nice one julian might need to take you up on the offer to take my boat up a week earlier i dont think mine will tow it all that way even with the new turbo?

23 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Sorry for dragging my heels. Mark cant make it.... So I would be looking for a decky spot. I can do pretty much any dates but I don't have a boat....

You got spot on my boat for the first week if you wish... 

3 hours ago, tugger said:

I will be up now for the 2nd week and if there is still a spot Brad in your boat I will chip in was talking to Lance about the mackerel just north around bustard Head if the weather is average we can give them a shot

Aye Tugger! Staying in my house ?

On 26/05/2017 at 0:22 PM, demarc said:

Hey Folks!

I have just booked a house for 1770 from the 1st - 16th of September. The point of this thread is; I booked an extra week to give some people a chance to visit and I'm posting so early so holidays and such can be organised. The house is in an awesome location with a short tumble and roll from the pub and various backpacker establishments...

1st - 9th

I can accommodate 4 - 7 people, and 3x 6m+ boats. Accommodation is not expensive and you'll be looking at roughly 85p/n if there is 6 blokes. I'm also open for people doing a few day stays at a time or the whole two weeks!

10th - 16th

I can accommodate 4 people and 2x 6m+ boats.

I will have some deckie spots going for the first week, so even if you're boat-less sing out. Also to note, you don't need a big boat at ALL to enjoyably fish 1770. There is lots of awesome ground out front of the bar and in the local creeks like Middle and Pancake.

All my fishing will be at the outter reefs and on these trips I generally stick to only 2 days, however if the weather is awesome for a 4-day forecast, I might make the run to Sawins...

Well as I thought I had no chance of being there I did not follow this thread much but i am glad my time might cross over if only for a short time. 

Weather pending we will be out on the night of the 31st and 1st and back on the 2nd. Hope to see a couple of you out there.

Archived