2017 Seq Suburbs Of Origin - Round 2 - June 20 - 25

The Mad Hughesy

After a solid win from the southsiders, can team North win round two and take it to a decider? only time will tell...

Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! The teams as it stands now are as follows...let me know if you are not on the list but want to fish

TEAM NORTHSIDE  @christophagus@Luvit@Tybo@timtam_@Doyley@Terrova@Dinodadog@Luke Landrunner@Binder@Fishaman

TEAM SOUTHSIDE @Angus@Do$tylz@Old Scaley@kmcrosby78@DropBear@Danny91@demarc@ellicat@benno573

To summarise the comp... 7 target species; Bream, Bass, Flathead, Snapper, Golden Perch (yellowbelly), Tailor and the peoples choice fish!. For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 4 out of the 7 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item (to be advised on Monday night) with the size of the fish clearly visible! Please note, legal fish only will be accepted! All submissions must be posted in this topic by 7pm on Sunday night Happy Fishing and tight lines. Unique item will be released on Monday night. SO watch this space!

UNIQUE ITEM : THUMBS UP!

To brush up on the rules, please se the below topic link

Please note: as i will be overseas for round 1, you will all have to keep a running list of who has the largest fish of each species. If someone wants to post up the below fish list and continue to edit it as fish are caught, please feel free.

BREAM - 27cm Team South - Demarc

BASS -

FLATHEAD - 52cm Team North - christophagus

SNAPPER - 85cm Team South - Demarc

GOLDEN PERCH - 45cm Team North - Gary_C

TAILOR -

JEW/THREADFIN SALMON -

Im easy. I will just target what ever the species are. I have done a few facebook comps run very similar to this one. They had bass, bream and talapia in one, jew and threadies in another and flathead and snapper in the other. That way it was all fair and more variety of fish for both landbased and boat anglers

Im thinking about heading out to bribie Thursday morning for a flathead sesh if anyone is interested, north side or south i dont care, i dont ask for anything like fuel money or help cleaning the boat. Just turn up and bring your own gear, drinks and lunch. 

I screwed up. I was also in a kayak online comp for funsies. I was given a unique code (161) for the day and took pics of my best two fish (48 and 62cms)..... forgot to put the thumbs up in the pic of the biggest one too. Sorry fellas I blew it

but here are the pics of the day anyway.

I am heading offshore tomorrow so may redeem myself with a snapper

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

29 minutes ago, christophagus said:

yep! just using some fresh prawns

Nice work mate. Where you got that bream, keep walking towards the jetty and where the wall ends is a really good  flathead spot. Fished it a fair but last year and seen a video of an 88cm caught there aswell. 

Here is a pic of a little one i got there last year, not a big fish but got it 3rd cast. You can see the end of the wall in the pic that im talking about 

received_1090028884376275.jpeg

1 hour ago, josha293 said:

Nice work mate. Where you got that bream, keep walking towards the jetty and where the wall ends is a really good  flathead spot. Fished it a fair but last year and seen a video of an 88cm caught there aswell. 

Here is a pic of a little one i got there last year, not a big fish but got it 3rd cast. You can see the end of the wall in the pic that im talking about 

interesting

talked to a bloke there 2 weeks ago who pulled a great flatty from the same spot. that corner must produce really well

3 minutes ago, christophagus said:

interesting

talked to a bloke there 2 weeks ago who pulled a great flatty from the same spot. that corner must produce really well

Yeah mate it sure does, there is a patch of coffee rock where they like to lay.  Its probly one om my favoure landbased spots. But there are definitely bettwr spots in the passage

12 hours ago, christophagus said:

looks like round two is  tie!

it will go down to the decider in round three.

Both teams will need to rally their members for a big finish!

Was wondering if it is a tie in the decider whether we do a countback and add up the total lengths of the winning fish for each team, but perhaps a tied series isn't the worst thing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/07/2017 at 7:44 PM, benno573 said:

You are SE Asia?? Big call...

Have you found Pelagicus over there yet???

@benno573 you are wasted in Finance mate. You should have been a proof reader or an English teacher. No sign of Pelagicus so far but I am keen to resume the search for that elusive mythical beast when I get back. I will let you know when I am home and we can launch an expedition.  Now to check spelling and punctuation before I hit send...............

On 26 June 2017 at 8:46 AM, josha293 said:

Exactly as Christophagus says that spot is a sweet spot for Flattie and has been since I started fishing there in 1995 always rely on some good ones in that spot or back on the wall where they have put the new BBQ's in near Cornetts. 

14 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

@benno573 you are wasted in Finance mate. You should have been a proof reader or an English teacher. No sign of Pelagicus so far but I am keen to resume the search for that elusive mythical beast when I get back. I will let you know when I am home and we can launch an expedition.  Now to check spelling and punctuation before I hit send...............

Spoke too soon. Pelagicus found?

IMG_0744.JPG

Archived