New To Fishing In Aussie

jiggysquid

Hi all! I am an international student from Singapore studying in QUT.  
I have been living in Kelvin Grove for 4 months and am new to fishing in Aussie.
Fishing has been my favourite hobby since young and I really admire the catch and release policy over here.
I would really love to meet someone that can show me the way to fishing in Brissy. 
Unfortunately, my setup is in Singapore at the moment but I hope to bring them in next year or maybe get one that is reasonably priced. 

Tight lines everyone~

I live in Singapore and just went on a holiday to Brisbane for some fishing, had surprisingly good results. You'll get much better fishing in Brisbane than SG. 

Have sent a message to a friend who doesn't live too far from you, see if he can show you around some fishing spots in your area. 

Are you a fishing Kaki member?

51 minutes ago, tiotony said:

I live in Singapore and just went on a holiday to Brisbane for some fishing, had surprisingly good results. You'll get much better fishing in Brisbane than SG. 

Have sent a message to a friend who doesn't live too far from you, see if he can show you around some fishing spots in your area. 

Are you a fishing Kaki member?

Thank you all for your warm welcome! 

Yup tiotony I am a fishing kaki member. Not active in posting but I often read the forum haha. 

5 hours ago, jiggysquid said:

Thank you all for your warm welcome! 

Yup tiotony I am a fishing kaki member. Not active in posting but I often read the forum haha. 

Yeah same here I just read but not post on there, I gave up fishing in SG, too far to travel for me to get somewhere decent for fish (my local is Labrador park which has sucked for fishing for me!).

Your really close to Brisbane River, I've been going to Brisbane a lot for holidays since living in Singapore (cos flights are much cheaper than home to Cairns), and found Brisbane River fishes surprisingly well.   

On 6/25/2017 at 7:17 PM, tiotony said:

Yeah same here I just read but not post on there, I gave up fishing in SG, too far to travel for me to get somewhere decent for fish (my local is Labrador park which has sucked for fishing for me!).

Your really close to Brisbane River, I've been going to Brisbane a lot for holidays since living in Singapore (cos flights are much cheaper than home to Cairns), and found Brisbane River fishes surprisingly well.   

Fishing in SG is pretty hard as there are no strict rules enforced on species, size and bag limit. Even on freshwater grounds like our reservoir, the legal areas are limited and is more often than not overfished. Usually I just go for those paypond fishing because it's too hard to get wild fishes of a decent size haha. Will definitely try Brisbane River if I got my own set-up!

Archived