Neighbours Day Out

Dinodadog

Doing my neighbourly duty yesterday I took Bruce out for a fish.He hasnt been out with me for nearly 2 years. He managed to have himself a great morning fish wise, pitty about the weather. We saw the sun trying to force its way out of the clouds when we first started off and then it was rain rain rain until we got back to the ramp.

We picked a few up trolling down the dam, then stopped for a quick bait fish where I picked up a nice 50cm model bass, a nice yellow and about 20 more bass,before being joined by Ray. Then we continued trolling down the dam picking a bass here and there, another bait fishing session for Bruce and finished up with me teaching Bruce the fine arts of jigging. By this time the wet had worked its way through the many layers of clothing to the back and crack and it got chilly, time to head home.Managed nearly 90 bass and one yella.

Dino

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

The majority of persons who fish NPD practice catch and release as an example for the first 3 months of this current there were a total of aprox 1800 bass and yellowbelly reported caught and of which only 46 fish were taken home.

If prepared correctly the eating qualities of bass and yellowbelly under 45cm are excellent. You just have to make certain that you remove the fat when filleting.

Cheers

Ray

Archived