L/a Shotguns To Be Reclassified In Qld

Gad

Lever-action shotguns to be reclassified in Queensland from next year

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-10/lever-action-shotguns-reclassified-qld-from-2018/9032172?WT.ac=statenews_qld

Lever-action shotguns in Queensland will be classed with pump-action and self-loading weapons, and subject to tougher restrictions, under a reclassification of firearms to take effect from March next year.

Currently, lever-action guns are included in the lowest level Category A.

The guns will be reclassified to Category B if they have a capacity of five rounds or fewer.

But those weapons with a higher capacity will be shifted to the more restricted Category D.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the move would limit access to only a small number of high-capacity shotguns, in line with a COAG decision last year to strengthen the National Firearms Agreement (NFA).

"This won't prevent primary producers from eradicating vermin, but ensures that all high-capacity lethal firearms can only be possessed by the very small number of people who have a legitimate reason to do so," Ms Palaszczuk said.

"New South Wales, Western Australia and the Australian Capital Territory have all legislated to reclassify lever-action shotguns in accordance with the revised NFA.

"The other jurisdictions are at various stages of implementation."

On 10/10/2017 at 10:38 AM, Gad said:

Lever-action shotguns to be reclassified in Queensland from next year

I was told of a single shot centerfire that has a small button on the stock where your thumb sits. You can press this button and it actions the rifle and you can fire again. I wonder if it will be the same sort of thing?

my understanding of any single shot is one has to manually open the breach (some times manually eject spent shell (eg: s/ barrel shotgun) manually feed the next round in, close and fire, if it could fire twice or more without that action, it`s not a single shot.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, Gad said:

if it could fire twice or more without that action, it`s not a single shot.

Yes that is what I thought too. I will have to find out more about it. Was told its as simple as pressing the little button on top. This would mean you could nearly fire like a semi auto

Archived