Cricket 2017-2018

Gad

CRICKET 2017-2018

To watch the Ashes, free-to-air TV– Channel Nine.

The series will play host to the final Ashes Test to be played at the WACA, with all future Australia versus England Tests in Perth to be played at the new Perth Stadium after 2017-18.

Men’s Ashes Series 

First Test – Australia v England, Gabba -  23-27 November 2017

Second Test – Australia v England, Adelaide Oval (day-night) - 2-6 December 2017

Third Test – Australia v England, Perth (venue TBC) - 14-18 December 2017

Fourth Test – Australia v England, MCG - 26-30 December 2017

Fifth Test – Australia v England, SCG - 4-8 January 2018

One-Day International Series against England 

Following the Ashes, England and Australia play a five-match ODI series, these matches will all on free-to-air TV Channel Nine.

First ODI – Australia v England, MCG – 14 January 2018

Second ODI – Australia v England, Gabba – 19 January 2018

Third ODI – Australia v England, SCG – 21 January 2018

Fourth ODI – Australia v England, Adelaide Oval – 26 January 2018

Fifth ODI – Australia v England, Perth (venue TBC) – 28 January 2018

Prime Minister’s XI

PM’s XI v England – Manuka Oval – 2 February 2018

T20 International Trans-Tasman Tri-Series 

A T20 Tri-series featuring the Australians, New Zealand and England will round out the summer. Matches in this series are being held in both Australia and New Zealand, meaning there will be no neutral matches played in a likely win for attendances.

The matches featuring Australia in Australia will be broadcast on TV Channel Nine. The rest of these matches are yet to be announced in terms of broadcast rights.

First T20I – Australia v New Zealand, SCG – 3 February 2018

Second T20I – Australia v England, Blundstone Arena – 7 February 2018

Third T20I – Australia v England, MCG – 10 February 2018

Fourth T20I – New Zealand v England, Wellington Stadium – 14 February 2018

Fifth T20I – New Zealand v Australia, Eden Park – 16 February 2018

Sixth T20I – New Zealand v England, Seddon Park – 18 February 2018

Final – TBC, Eden Park – 21 February

After the T20 series, the Aussies will head to South Africa for a four Test series.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUSTRALIA v ENGLAND  1st Test  at GABBA  23 – 27 November 2017

Australian 1st Ashes Squad

Steve Smith (c)  David Warner (vc)  Cameron Bancroft  Usman Khawaja  Peter Handscomb  Shaun Marsh  Tim Paine  Mitchell Starc  Pat Cummins  Nathan Lyon  Josh Hazlewood  Jackson Bird  Chadd Sayers

Full story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-17/ashes-tim-paine-shaun-marsh-cricket-australia-hypocrisy/9161886

added link: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/17/11/32/ashes-ian-chappel-australian-test-team

EDIT: added an opinion link

Shaun Marsh gets more chances than any cricketer since Kim Hughes. I hope he repays that faith this time. I will be there for Day 1. Was hoping for the weather to be hot and steamy but then remembered how poorly our guys handled the heat in India. Here’s hoping it is a great series with a whitewash to the Aussie team.:ausflag:

7-14 day weather models are presently suggesting showers from the Wednesday 22nd and may be increasing over that weekend. Long way off still (in forecast reliability), fingers crossed and/or once again models over cooking predictions at this far out :)

It`s been very quite in the land downunder, but finally some meaningful discussion about the Ashes series has come about… :)

Lyon told English press on Monday Australia is out to “end careers” of English players this summer — pointing to the long-term consequences Johnson’s bowling had on the tourists four years ago.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/matt-prior-issues-salty-response-to-nathan-lyons-ashes-claims/news-story/103c4a78e88fd88c342ffb78fef682a0

weather  for test looking ok and may improve, with forecast of limited chances of a  light shower Th-Sun with a vague chance of a thunderstorm Monday should the Aussies need the day to wrap up the 1st Test.:ausflag:

http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/forecasts/brisbane.shtml?ref=hdr

So sick of the Marsh's!! Hohns' "selecting for the future" policy of not considering older players who dominate the shield like Cowan, Ferguson, Klinger and others due to their age is the epitome of hypocrisy when a mediocre 34 year old with a batting average less than his age gets selected for making a couple of 50s this season. Logic? 

Renshaw should have stayed, Bancroft bat at 6 and Shaun Marsh never ever again to be selected. He's had 7 chances to cement a spot and failed.

Poms 4/196

Both, Cook being Cooked and Joe being Rooted early in their innings will be the Aussie key to this innings if the Aussies can fire quickly in the morning to stifle the remaining middle order batsmen. Our quicks do need a plan of how to go about rattling both Ali and Malan from first ball in the morning to put doubt in the follow on batsmen.

Poms 7/255

Thank goodness for Nathan Lyons, the only bowler who started out this morning with an attacking plan to use the pitch and accurate line and length persistance and not just bowl to restrict his 'runs for' figures. After Lyons first spell the quickies appeared to think it was a good idea.

43 minutes ago, Gad said:

Aus 8/280

Cummins 42 out, good knock,partnered Smith 108 n/o well

bugger, decisions, decisions... Aus/Poms ch9.... Tonga v Poms 3.00pm on 7Mate. I hate channel flickers :lol:

I am staying with the cricket and recording the footy. So don’t update the scores @Gad because you know I am an AFO addict.

Day 4 :ausflag:

Poms 2nd innings.  all out 195

Lead 170

Aus 0-114

need 56 runs on day 5 for victory

Warner 61  and Bancroft 51

Good day in sport for the Aussies, Women`s WRLC team beat Canada 58-6, now preparing for the Final.:)

Bad day in sport for the Poms, Women`s WRLC team beaten 52-4 by Kiwi`s, now packing to go home.:devil:

Day 5

1st Test Aus win by 10 wickets in 50 overs :) Aussies 0/173

Bancroft 82 n/o  Warner 87 n/o

Saturday Dec 2nd double dose of ‘bring on the Poms’ :ausflag:

2nd Ashes Test Aus v Poms starts in Adelaide next Saturday  (day/night match) ch 9. 12.30pm Qld time

Men`s RLWC Final Aus v Poms next Saturday. Live on ch7/HD 7.00pm Qld time

2nd Ashes Test Aus v Poms starts TODAY

(day/night match) ch 9. 12.30pm Qld time

Adelaide forecast: 40% chance of showers.....

Kelvin,  60% chance no showers, that`s not too bad if you`re looking to recoup your Neil Henry outlay. :whistle: :P

5 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

haha yes mate not my own. 21 years happily married. 

congrats for the 21 years :flowers:. 21years, that`s a long time (to have the words 'happily married following) :)

20 years ago I was happily divorced :lol: now I live in sin, and just accept the uncommitted punishment :P

Archived