Pelagic Social Gold Coast January 19th To 21st

tugger

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Do we approximate numbers that are attending Saturday night? 

Mark and I were discussing this yesterday while rigging a few marlin lures and we think there will be 30 people at least but we were not sure how many for Sat night but we presume it will be most of them.

If its a bit wild for the jet ski will put my hand up for a deckie spot.

28 minutes ago, Mickfish said:

Hi all looks like a great weekend will join you all Friday afternoon try to get away from work early. Have space available for two extra, will head out to some where around the 36 s or pin wide? 

1 hour ago, Blublade said:

Where on wave break are you all gathering?

Will be there early arvo would like to meet up any boat names ect to recognise?

Tugger said in an earlier post -

" As Lance said he and I will be getting down there Friday morning at 9am we will be there all day and if you come looking for us when you get there we will be on the northern side of the island in the anchorage and the western end of that beach just look out for a heap of runabouts close in along the beach. "

18 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

Got a bit worried watching the news on saturday night when they said a lady got badly cut up bu a boat prop on wavebreak island.

Cheers

Ray

they said they were backing down to moore put the boat in neutral the bloke grab something slipped  and it the process either put the boat in forward or reverse very badly cut up by the prop but is ok 

Well another top social the weather was mint on the island a little windy offshore but still doable if you don't mind a little chop.  17 boats come over for the social and 45 people it was a great turn out and i hope i got around to everyone, at times it was quite busy setting up camps or cooking.

The water was warm and clear so i cooled off plenty of times right in front of camp. We had plenty of firewood and after dark the campfire was the place to be with beer n hand and a comfy chair.

I hope everyone enjoyed the social it does take a bit of effort to set up so i would like to thank all those who helped set up camp and packed it up at the end, i won't forget the guys who helped us cook the mad feed on Saturday night thank you all.

Keep the photos coming 

Archived