Out With The Old And In With The New

Luvit

After naming the boat and getting new stickers months ago, at the time I decided to keep the original Grady-White stickers. But as a Xmas present to myself I decided to replace these as well because they were showing signs of wear after 14 years.

Picked the font as close to the originals as they had.

GW.thumb.jpg.d4fc0d6ff550c565cca04a99c2606ed3.jpg

GW1.thumb.JPG.8075302b61afa970b76150fcda27a19c.JPG

GW2.thumb.JPG.25807e3490fc11a914fdbc22ecc9a276.JPG

GW4.thumb.jpg.aa23dbbde1c8a5302667476f423d3d56.jpg

A wife upgrade would cost me the boat Kel, :P

Nothing I can do about it now, should have ordered them the same time not 8 months apart.  

Their response:

"We have several different production processes and continually upgrade or refine our production processes over time.  Doing so colors may not match between past orders. Unfortunately orders that are placed separately (and spanning different spans of time in this case) can look different unless they are specifically referenced off an older order.  In some cases after verification we can do a match, however, had this one had been asked to matched your older order we would have alerted that was not possible."

I just would have thought Gold would be a very standard color for stickers and obviously their new manufacturing process does not make the gold look gold. If I'd known this at the time then I would have stuck with the originals.

Oh well looks good, just not great as expected. Forget about it and go fishing, the fish don't care. 

Archived