Prawn Nets

Old Scaley

20 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Pretty sure there are no blind Eels swimming around the poo shute these days but if you have ever seen a school of bream attacking a sewer sausage you will know how much they love it.

I had friends that were living on their yacht for a period of years, up and down the east coat of Australia. I mentioned the word 'bream' one day and the look on their faces was priceless. They said, "Yeah we don't eat bream anymore, filthy things they are". I didn't even need to ask. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Tybo said:

"Yeah we don't eat bream anymore, filthy things they are". I didn't even need to ask. :lol:

haha yep I have quite a few friends that call them s$%^ eaters and wont go near them... Makes you wonder if you should eat them in places like Manly Harbor with all those boats with people living on board... 

A stack of Bream and Tarwine fillets off the rocks at Straddie are still very welcome at our house. 

18 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

haha yep I have quite a few friends that call them s$%^ eaters and wont go near them... Makes you wonder if you should eat them in places like Manly Harbor with all those boats with people living on board... 

A stack of Bream and Tarwine fillets off the rocks at Straddie are still very welcome at our house. 

Agreed. Bream and tarwhine from the surf are much more "noble" and happy on my plate too. Harbour bream on the other hand, well... My mate used to live at Newport on the canals. He claimed the best bait for harbour bream was hot chips(gone cold), float line them down, they can't resist.

Archived