Land Based Fish Toorbul

Caught this fat girl on a yabbie off the bank at the park at the end of the Esplanade at Toorbul, quick pic and back in the drink, to release all the roe she had in her. Caught another 4 but all under size, fishing beats working.

MSB

20160826_164841.jpg

20160826_164918.jpg

Hi Ellicat

Let me know if you are interested in trying up this way again and I will give the run down on a couple of productive spots. I have been fishing the passage for 50 years, so have gained some knowledge of the area, mainly fish out of my boat, however sometimes good to just sit on the bank and fish the rising tide.

Plenty of good fish in the creeks running into the passage which is where I normally spend my time so I am away from the jet ski convoys and people that got their boat license out of a corn flake packet.

Plenty of lizards around the 50cmm to 60cm mark, attached picture of my son and his boy with one of 14 legal lizards they caught up near Mission Point couple of weeks back, all but 2 were released , also pic of a couple of nice spotted grunter on ice slurry I caught earlier this month.

If you like to catch good size school jew and grunter, plan a trip up this way early April, prawns will still be around and starting to cool off a bit, so bit more pleasant on the water.

MSB

20170730_104219 (2).jpg

20171213_122638.jpg

1 minute ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Oh dear @Old Scaley, here he goes with his bragging again ....... :whistle:

Some nice fish there MSB and sounds like the flatties are plentiful, nice!!

Of course, @kmcrosby78 more than once could mean twice and we don’t know how many times @ellicat has been there. Could be hundreds. I had better stop there before people start trawling through my posts to see what my hit rate is.:no:

BTW @MSB that is a pretty good introductory post and you have picked up on the friendly vibe of this site already. Looking forward to more posts and maybe a tag along fishing trip up your way.

Settle down fellas. :P

I think on three occasions I have started with a nice keeper at Bribie and then caught either nothing or undersized fish, making me feel guilty for keeping the first solo fish that wasn't worth keeping. My Dad lived on Bribie for a few years so it possibly happened more. :pinch:

16 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Of course, @kmcrosby78 more than once could mean twice and we don’t know how many times @ellicat has been there. Could be hundreds. I had better stop there before people start trawling through my posts to see what my hit rate is.:no:

BTW @MSB that is a pretty good introductory post and you have picked up on the friendly vibe of this site already. Looking forward to more posts and maybe a tag along fishing trip up your way.

Thanks Old Scaley, be my pleasure to give you a look around up my way, if the fish don't cooperate couple of nice spots to pull up to and have a cold beer or whatever you drinking

17 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Oh dear @Old Scaley, here he goes with his bragging again ....... :whistle:

Some nice fish there MSB and sounds like the flatties are plentiful, nice!!

Thanks KMC, heaps of spots up here that hold flatties , you should try it out when you get the chance

On 1/22/2018 at 12:49 PM, MSB said:

Caught this fat girl on a yabbie off the bank at the park at the end of the Esplanade at Toorbul, quick pic and back in the drink, to release all the roe she had in her. Caught another 4 but all under size, fishing beats working.

MSB

Great report mate. Makes me want to get the ties into the sand and feel the incoming tide lap in. When you are in someplace as nice as the passage fish are a bonus. 

Just now, Drop Bear said:

wow! That sounds amazing. could you handle a few boats?

Morning Drop Bear

Not a problem, let me know when you want to arrange it, happy to take someone with me in my boat, mid week early mornings best

Ron

2 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Great report mate. Makes me want to get the ties into the sand and feel the incoming tide lap in. When you are in someplace as nice as the passage fish are a bonus. 

anywhere you can mix fishing with a nice day and an incoming tide is a great place

8 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Ok thanks MSB. I have a mixed up few weeks coming up but would be really keen to tag along and split fuel/bait etc costs. 

Look forward to catching up with you, bait is free we will pump it ourselves and also catch some livies, boats good on fuel so all good there as well,  I see by your profile you are a Wynnum boy , I grew up there and oldies lived there for 60 years before moving to Cleveland, my sister still lives at Lota, spent a lot of time as a kid fishing behind Green Island with my brother in law, caught plenty of squire and a few big snapper there during my early years, also used to pump yabbies in Lota Ck and fish for whiting on the incoming tide, great place for kids to grow up

2 hours ago, MSB said:

Look forward to catching up with you, bait is free we will pump it ourselves and also catch some livies, boats good on fuel so all good there as well,  I see by your profile you are a Wynnum boy , I grew up there and oldies lived there for 60 years before moving to Cleveland, my sister still lives at Lota, spent a lot of time as a kid fishing behind Green Island with my brother in law, caught plenty of squire and a few big snapper there during my early years, also used to pump yabbies in Lota Ck and fish for whiting on the incoming tide, great place for kids to grow up

yep great. I love wynnum. We still get the odd big whiting in Lota Creek :)

Archived