Nrl 2018

ellicat

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I'm in.  Did we play last year?  Went to the game last night - enjoyable viewing despite the weather and of course fitting that one of the two legends sealed it with some brilliance.  The only downer was that they didn't close Caxton St so it was fun with everyone trying to go up and down the footpaths outside the cafes/bars, etc with their umbrellas ....... :no:

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Yep I'm in.  Did we play last year?  Went to the game last night - enjoyable viewing despite the weather and of course fitting that one of the two legends sealed it with some brilliance.  The only downer was that they didn't close Caxton St so it was fun with everyone trying to go up and down the footpaths outside the cafes/bars, etc with their umbrellas ....... :no:

I don’t think we did play last year @kmcrosby78. Good for you for hanging in there despite the weather. That was a good game last night and I reckon the Cowboys showed enough to tell us that they will be a real chance again this year. What a finish. Rugby league will really miss Thurston next year.  A couple of days ago I thought I might grab some tickets to the Broncos V Cowboys game, but I am not paying $50+ for a seat in the nosebleed section so will be tuned in at home.

2 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

A couple of days ago I thought I might grab some tickets to the Broncos V Cowboys game, but I am not paying $50+ for a seat in the nosebleed section so will be tuned in at home.

Not sure how often you go to games Steve but the 4 game packages are good value. $120 gets you 4 games of your choice and seats are on Level 5 (pretty sure on this) at the Northern End. I got Liam one this year as there are a couple of Sunday arvo games.

OK I`m in and signed up. Cheers for starting this off e`cat.:)  anyway, good luck to all...

Not sure how much interest I`ve got this season. Have not had my boat or kayak in the water for over 2.5 years and land based has been fewer and further apart.  

Have not kept up with all the comings and goings between clubs, but with some big names moving around, the start to the season should be interesting. The past 2 seasons starts have been all over the place going into Origin time so with all the movements some will click early and some later.

Registered and tips entered (in case I forget ...... but likely to change them ....... and then get all the ones I changed wrong ...... quick learner .......... :no:). Every year I wonder why they don't have a Footy Show the week BEFORE the season starts - seems to make sense to me?

8 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Registered and tips entered (in case I forget ...... but likely to change them ....... and then get all the ones I changed wrong ...... quick learner .......... :no:). Every year I wonder why they don't have a Footy Show the week BEFORE the season starts - seems to make sense to me?

Yep, I agree. I also think it makes sense to have a show after the GF.

On 28/02/2018 at 6:22 PM, Drop Bear said:

If you would like I can check your avails for a decky spot? I'm hoping to get out next week?

cheers and thanks for the generous offer DB, but at the moment I`m leading an extra quiet life, hoping to be on top of things come May. At this time in my life I`m going through some pre-existing, complex spinal injuries degeneration that`s taking a lot longer to settle itself than I`ve been through before. Along with a new, recently adopted rehab/pyhsio plan, everything worth doing is a day by day judgement call and even that depends on the 'in between the ears' circumstances at the time ;) :)

3 minutes ago, Gad said:

cheers and thanks for the generous offer DB, but at the moment I`m leading an extra quiet life, hoping to be on top of things come May. At this time in my life I`m going through some pre-existing, complex spinal injuries degeneration that`s taking a lot longer to settle itself than I`ve been through before. Along with a new, recently adopted rehab/pyhsio plan, everything worth doing is a day by day judgement call and even that depends on the 'in between the ears' circumstances at the time ;) :)

Ok mate look after yourself. I have just done a 2 week pain management course. It was fantastic. They focus on Chronic Pain and how to manage it. I would recommend it to anyone who is suffering with Chronic Pain (pain that has lasted more than 6 months).

Thanks DB. done all the courses and the mind over matters etc, it`s more the regaining the best mobility and strength back into areas without provoking the existing probs too much, that`s holding me up at the moment. Had planned to be out yakking before Xmas but things didn`t go to the previous timetable, but I`m getting there :)

5 minutes ago, Gad said:

Thanks DB. done all the courses and the mind over matters etc, it`s more the regaining the best mobility and strength back into areas without provoking the existing probs too much, that`s holding me up at the moment. Had planned to be out yakking before Xmas but things didn`t go to the previous timetable, but I`m getting there :)

Awesome. I'm really glad this is all becoming main stream. Now back to the footy haha sorry for the distraction... :whistle:

On ‎4‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, ellicat said:

Update - 9 players. Hoping for a top ten finish this season.

Well I'm no mathematician Brian, but I'd say even if you tip the hapless Tigers every round you should be able to sneak into the top 10 ............ (assuming we stay at 9 players ........ :whistle:).

Archived