Nrl 2018

ellicat

I nave been a Tigers supporter since I was born but I am sick of the last 6-7 years with all the in club bickering and crap decision where they have off loaded so many good players every year and replaced them with not so good players. Maybe they will come good this year. I tend to lean towards the Cowboys all the time now..... Have had a soft spot since they joined the comp! 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/03/2018 at 11:56 AM, christophagus said:

id almost bet my left one that Lodge from the broncos will be in some form of alcohol induced problem this season...that guy just has trouble written al over his face.

I've also got a bad feeling that the broncos will be plagued by injury this year...just a hunch

I`m happy for him to be given his chance, Bennett`s not a fool and can see a light surrounding the guy, if he needs the steering he`s in the right club/environment, far too many judgemental a/holes live their own perfect lives solely between their own ears!

Let`s  remember all this present carry on about him has come over the off season and has ramped up leading into round one by some southern rugby league daily rag reporters who always love to heap the crap on the game and any player they deem worthy, but say it`s in the games interest. With not too many real stories being given out by clubs so far this year, these guys have to come up with something 

6 hours ago, natang said:

I nave been a Tigers supporter since I was born but I am sick of the last 6-7 years with all the in club bickering and crap decision where they have off loaded so many good players every year and replaced them with not so good players. Maybe they will come good this year. I tend to lean towards the Cowboys all the time now..... Have had a soft spot since they joined the comp! 

I`m expecting big positive steps to come from the Tigers this season. When Jason Taylor came in as coach he inherited a lot of player/management garbage, and not too smart of player roster deals from the previous years. He brought his own special flaws as a senior coach with him that added to the situation, but he did stir the Tigers system and roster up through sheer good luck or bad skills (not sure which). Cleary with the new Tigers systems has cleared a lot of the crap out of the football department and this year should be the base that was needed so they can build on for rewards over the next couple of seasons  

5 minutes ago, Gad said:

I`m expecting big positive steps to come from the Tigers this season. When Jason Taylor came in as coach he inherited a lot of player/management garbage, and not too smart of player roster deals from the previous years. He brought his own special flaws as a senior coach with him that added to the situation, but he did stir the Tigers system and roster up through sheer good luck or bad skills (not sure which). Cleary with the new Tigers systems has cleared a lot of the crap out of the football department and this year should be the base that was needed so they can build on for rewards over the next couple of seasons  

I agree Cleary is the best thing the club has done in a long time. I was very dirty on them releasing Henington. I think Benji will be great for the young ones and will steer them well. He played great at Broncs when he did play. I also agree Taylor inherited problems, Farah should have moved on that whole saga did nothing but destroy what good was there..... Woods was given too much credit for what he was. However this year does look promising and I do hope like I have every year since 2005 that we will have another great season..

Hearing loads on radio today about Cowboys giving Todd Carney a lifeline for a year. If he can stay off the drink and the water bubblers he will add something however not sure where.. Morgan played so well last year and with him and Thurston both being fit where does he slot in apart from off the bench.... 

17 hours ago, ellicat said:
  19 hours ago, natang said:

where does he slot in apart from off the bench.... 

17 hours ago, ellicat said:

If they use him it'll be because of injury or cover over Origin.

he turned down an extention contract in super league to head back to Nth Qld. He`s  31/32 yrs  so he`s definitely needing to look at his future, outside of bar work. If he can show he has moved on from his brain fade days, and get an NRL contract, his value would not necessarily be solely on the field, but also skills mentoring etc younger players in the system. He does actually have a good footy brain and the skill set to be looking at a post playing days future in footy.  

Season 2018 kicks off tomorrow night. Thursday, March 8

The introduction of a Thursday night game in the Easter long week end  means games will be played on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday over the Easter break.

The Telstra Premiership Finals Series will begin on September 7 and culminate in the Grand Final on September 30.

No club will have more than three 5-day turnarounds as part of a drive to protect player welfare.

Four double headers – Perth Stadium, Sydney's ANZ Stadium, Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium and Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

SEASON 2018  DRAW: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2018-draw-full-fixture-list-every-game-time-venue-for-season/news-story/191da2f9e47f33bdf7582c03b35f261e

all times given below are eskimoe times, so check your TV guide for Qld start/broadcast times

Round 1 

Thursday, March 8

Dragons v Broncos, UOW Jubilee Stadium, 7.50pm (AEDT)

Friday, March 9

Knights v Sea Eagles, McDonald Jones Stadium, 6pm (AEDT)

Cowboys v Sharks, 1300SMILES Stadium, 7.50pm (AEDT)

Saturday, March 10

Wests Tigers v Roosters, ANZ Stadium, 4pm (AEDT)

Rabbitohs v Warriors, Perth Stadium, 7pm (AEDT)

Bulldogs v Storm, Perth Stadium, 9pm (AEDT)

Sunday, March 11

Panthers v Eels, Panthers Stadium, 4.10pm (AEDT)

Titans v Raiders, CBus Super Stadium, 6.30pm (AEDT)

BE mindful  the Bunnies v Warriors and Doggies v Storm games on Saturday are played in PERTH.

Well first game, Bennett super coach, just got his pants pulled down by an amateur coach.Broncs forwards died quickly after each player exchange, they are still looking for the halves, big name players being paid for not playing. Saints were hungry and fighting for their new positions, while the broncs looked like it was the 3rd game they played this week. I think the super coach is to old and tied to coach anymore, his attitude would have to improve out of sight for the broncs to make the 8.Saints all players stepped up to the plate, not a bludger in sight.

Dino

^^ I thought the broncos forwards went ok, especially Pantai Junior, but the halves were missing in action. As a dummy half Thaiday makes an excellent second rower.  A bit of rust converter and their season will be back on track. Saints played well as they always do at that ground.

Dragons 34 v 12 Broncos

Well done Ben Hunt, had a good transition from the Broncos to the Dragons and with more game time together, he and Widdop should form one of the best half`s combination in the competition this year. Man of the match and starting to smell the roses already.

Dragons, first winners of season 2018. Well done. As far as the teams are concerned more can be read from the Broncos loss than from the Dragons win??

Even though I tipped the Broncos the loss (and maybe the scoreline) didn`t overly surprise me.Considering the Broncos were one of the heaviest hit clubs with players, involved with the RLWC, and back late for this years pre-season, along with Boyd, Milford, Mccullough, Simms through long term injuries/operations etc all having limited preseasons and little contact preparation for the season`s start and Jack Bird yet to be available, it was fairly reasonable to expect them to turn out with a restrained game plan and off the pace and at times appear totally uncoordinated.

As usual with the Broncos, they can/will improve vastly on that performance

Todays games

Friday March 9th, 5:00 pm Qld time

Knights  V  Sea Eagles

McDonald Jones Stadium - 

Friday March 9th, 7:05 pm Qld time

Cowboys  V  Sharks

1300SMILES Stadium - 

Great to see the Red V get a win. Graham really led from the front whole game as usual for him though. Hunt had a mixed game some great decisions nut some shocking kicks and last play decisions. Broncos looked unfit and confused in their plays. Think they were too worried about the reception that Number 8 got sorry forgot his name. 

Knights 19  v 18  Sea Eagles

Well done Knights, golden point decider. Knights will improve as the weeks go by.

Manly ? I`m not sure this season will be a positive one for them. The end of the season will answer if DCE can consistently maintain a high standard over 25 rounds, as it appears the weight on the halves will be solely on him this year.  

Cowboys 20  v 14  Sharks

Cowboys put it to bed in the last couple of minutes. Couple of regulars missing from both teams. Not a great game by either side, but a good hit out to start the season for both.

Tomorrows games

Wests Tigers  v  Roosters

ANZ Stadium - Saturday March 10th, 3:30 pm

Rabbitohs  v  Warriors

Perth Stadium - Saturday March 10th, 8:05 pm

Bulldogs  v  Storm 

Perth Stadium - Saturday March 10th, 6:00 pm 

Tigers 10  v 8  Roosters

Interesting game,neither team seemed to have the ability to win this game, 1 try each in the 2nd half. Tigers got there in the last couple of minutes. A suspect penalty given to the Tigers earlier in match gave the Tigers the 2 points needed at full time to win the match in the 80 minutes.

Rabbitohs  18 v 32 Warriors

Well done Warriors. Came out determined and stayed determined. This was a big team commitment win for the Warriors, hopefully they can show it each week. Final score actually flattered the Bunnies.

Bulldogs 18 v 36  Storm

Well the Storm has kept their season round 1 winning streak (started in 2005) intact.

Doggies showed they will be moving up the ladder this year. A few more games together and this side will be a real threat to many teams 

Tomorrow`s games

Panthers v  Eels

Panthers Stadium - 

Titans  v  Raiders

Cbus Super Stadium - 

Panthers 24 v 14  Eels

With that result, Panther fans are jumping up and down screaming this is the Panther`s year! ... for what I`m not sure?:lol:  (hang in there Terry H, it may be, then again.... :no:)

This was a game of the 2 x 40 minutes. First 40  the Eels looked pretty good for 1st game of season and the Panthers seemed to play their on again-off again style that has stopped them from being ranked as any real chance at the end of the season, over the last couple of seasons.

Half time Eels 14 - 12

2nd x 40 saw the Panthers come out with some thought and want, of  

how they wanted the game to end. The Eels came out and played as if they were confused by having to play this 2nd, 40 minutes of footy.

The stats for this game were fairly even, except for 6pts given away in penalties and 4 pts missed from convertion attempts, from the Eels = 10 pts.

These 2 teams meet again in Round 5 and we will get a clearer idea about both sides

Titans 30  v 28  Raiders

Well done Titans.. stiff titties Ricky, who gets your blame this season?

Raiders18-0 @ 10 mins... Raiders 24-6 @ 20th mins... Raiders 24-12 half time.... Titans 30 beat Raiders 28 @ 79th  minute. IMO the Raiders real chance for GF was 2 seasons ago, when Stuart spent the season whining that he needed big names in his team to have any chance. He`s well and truly eroded the confidence of a few including Austin who was on fire 2 years ago.

If the Titans could start games firing from the start of game, and have a fairly major injury toll free season they would be a hard outfit to keep out of the eight..

ROUND 2

NOTE all kick off time listed are pretend Eskimo time

Thursday, March 15

Sharks v Dragons, Southern Cross Group Stadium, 4pm (AEDT)

Friday, March 16

Roosters v Bulldogs, Allianz Stadium, 6pm (AEDT)

Broncos v Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, 7.50pm (AEDT)

Saturday, March 17

Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, 3pm (AEDT)

Panther s v Rabbitohs, Panthers Stadium, 5.30pm (AEDT)

Storm v Tigers, AAMI Park, 7.30pm (AEDT)

Sunday, March 18

Sea Eagles v Eels, Lottoland, 4.10pm (AEDT)

Raiders v Knights, GIO Stadium, 6.30pm (AEDT

good luck tipsters. This round looks tipping easy, but then again so did last round :)

Thursday, March 15

Sharks 16  v  20 Dragons

The Saints came marching home. 14-4 down half time, and couldn`t do a thing in the first 40 minutes with the Sharks powering over them. 2nd 40 was mainly all Dragons and Sharks imploded with the turn around. In the 2nd 20 minutes Dragons played with one player in the bin for 10 minutes.

Very good game tonight. I do think there were far too many forward passes not pulled up. Pity about the bloody goal post stopping Cowboys but thats footy. Great derby again! Thurstons last game as Suncorp I believe unless they make finals and play Broncos...

Archived