Nrl 2018

ellicat

Friday, March 16

Roosters 30 v 12 Bulldogs

Roosters answered the call if they could step up from last round, they did. Doggies are not going to bad coming together as a fairly new side in key positiond. Question arising about Foran`s last season`s injury recovery, he appeared fairly restricted in his 2 games so far?

Broncos 24  v  2o Cowboys

WOW. Broncos win this one. hard fought, with the usual multi momentum shifts, everything left on the paddock, Bronco v Cowboy game.

Tomorrow`s games

Saturday, March 17

Warriors v Titans, Mt Smart Stadium, 3pm (AEDT)

Panther s v Rabbitohs, Panthers Stadium, 5.30pm (AEDT)

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Angry51 said:

Good game, but as usual I backed the other one.:no:

Cheers

Gary

Yep, I did the same ....... (and I'm a Broncos fan ....... grrrr!!!!!!).

@Dinodadog - I don't watch games 100% properly as am always looking at fishing forums or ticking off some schoolwork, but I would guess the Broncos were guilty of being offside at the beginning last night? If so, I'm all for refs penalising them as if they do this consistently, teams should then stick to the rules which should allow a more open game. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@Dinodadog - I don't watch games 100% properly as am always looking at fishing forums or ticking off some schoolwork, but I would guess the Broncos were guilty of being offside at the beginning last night? If so, I'm all for refs penalising them as if they do this consistently, teams should then stick to the rules which should allow a more open game. Just my opinion.

Both sides were off side in all 3 games,not just one side, it was good to see the broncs overcome this.

4 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I just got mine in on time. Your welcome to do my uni assignments... I have been teaching multi instrumental in schools for 20 years but never had a "education degree" Have a Bachelor of Music and a Post grad diploma in Orchestral studies and 25 years working as a pro trumpet player but thats not enough anymore..... So completing Post Grad in Education this year. So much planning to do in the curriculum studies.... I get pre occupied by NRL and Fishing forums and researching places to put the boat in next, camp next, 4wd next...... 

9 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hmmmmm .......... it might be a long season for those of us who normally like to poke fun at @ellicat and his previously dishevelled Tigers .........

You bet ! Haha. Might give more thought to tipping them next week. I felt we had a team that could do away with the middle teams this year but not two of the top teams for starters.

Saturday, March 17

Warriors 20  v  8 Titans

With this result, Warrior fans are confused. 2/2 in 2018

Panthers 18  v  14 Rabbitohs

With this result Panther fans know forsure this is the Panther`s year!...

With that result Bunnies fans are reminded the Bunnies can`t win with or without Adam Reynolds so far in 2018...

Storm 8  v  10 Tigers

Tigerland is full of joyfull Tiggers tonight, even though most of them tipped the Storm

Sunday, March 18

Sea Eagles v Eels, Lottoland, 4.10pm (AEDT)

Raiders v Knights, GIO Stadium, 6.30pm (AEDT)

10 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that tipped against my team (and paid the price .....) then :) 

I was so tempted to change my tip to the broncos just before the game, but left it on the Cowboys so I could be a little bit happy no matter what the result. 

End of Round 2

Sea Eagles 54  v  OOOOOOOOOOOOO Eels :no:

in case you don`t understand the scoreline Eels nothing... zilch... SFA... = 0 

This Manly team produced a Manly club record of the largest winning margin over an Eels side. The previous record was a 50 point margin. There have been (cough-cough) some great Manly sides in the past, this Manly side have yet to show a fraction of the capabilities of any of those sides.

The Eels have gone through a couple of  tough times in the past and have had a trowelling a given to them before, todays team effort has just cured the life long nightmares of one past team.

Raiders 28   v  30 Knights

Well done Knights.

If this game had been played at Newcastle I would have gone the Knights. Only tipped the Raiders for the home ground ‘advantage’ :lol:  

Refs are having a ball, trying to blow the pea out of the whistle, they are clamping down on the play the ball, offside and a few other things to start the season off, while at the same time the head highs are not even being addressed they are not consistent.Its the one thing I like about pommie refs.

On 19/03/2018 at 3:51 AM, Dinodadog said:

Refs are having a ball, trying to blow the pea out of the whistle, they are clamping down on the play the ball, offside and a few other things to start the season off, while at the same time the head highs are not even being addressed they are not consistent.Its the one thing I like about pommie refs.

Same as the amount of forward passes been thrown over first two rounds.... 

kmcrosby78 I tipped parra to but knew the Knights would do well. I think Parra are gonna be hit and miss all year. Tigers, Warriors and Knights have shocked everyone I think. Hopefully Tigers and Knights keep it up! 

ROUND 3

NOTE All times shown are eskimoe time. check guides for Qlder times

Thursday, March 22

Storm v Cowboys, AAMI Park, 7.50pm (AEDT)

Friday, March 23

Bulldogs v Panthers, Belmore Oval, 6pm (AEDT)

WestsTigers v Broncos, Campbelltown Stadium, 7.50pm (AEDT)

Saturday, March 24

Raiders v Warriors, GIO Stadium, 3pm (AEDT)

Rabbitohs v SeaEagles, ANZ Stadium, 5.30pm (AEDT)

Eels v Sharks, ANZ Stadium, 7.30pm (AEDT)

Sunday, March 25

Titans v Dragons, Clive Berghofer Stadium, Toowoomba, 4.10pm (AEDT)

Roosters v Knights, Allianz Stadium, 6.30pm (AEDT)

good luck to all :)

well, another easy round to pick :frantics: This round should give some clearer ideas as to how the season will pan out for the higher end and bottom end of the ladder. A good win is needed by a couple of teams to show they can be a force this season and a couple of early bolters are no longer be flying under the radar and need this win to prove they are a real threat for 2018

Thursday, March 22 result

Storm 30 v 14 Cowboys

The scoreline doesn`t tell the match, as 2 late trys put the sword to the Cowboys. The Cowboys had their opportunities to have changed the results.

tomorrow matches

Friday, March 23

Bulldogs v Panthers, Belmore Oval, 6pm (AEDT)

WestsTigers v Broncos, Campbelltown Stadium, 7.50pm (AEDT)

For all the attempts to clean up the play the ball & 10m, we aren't seeing a crackdown on teams deliberately giving away penalties on their tryline and GEE is it frustrating as a viewer. I'm all for a 5min sin bin for this if a team commits two offences in a row in this part of the field.

Sidenote - once again I should have listened to my 6 year old son Liam ........ :no:

Once again the ref was penalizing one side for being off side to start with, it was a long time before he got storm for it.Also the refs should after calling held, count 1,2,3 and then penalize if any players still hanging on in the play ball area.Cowboys need to toughen up a bit as do broncs with their tackles, they are not hurting the opposition. I know the refs have to stamp their authority early in the season, but it spoils the game.

Friday, March 23 results

Bulldogs 20 v 18 Panthers

Did not see or hear the game... my understanding is the Dooggies got out to a lead, as was going to happen sooner or later, the Panthers could not make a late come back. Well done Doggies.

Wests Tigers 7 v 9 Broncos

Golden Point penalty kick decided

Strange game to watch, both teams game plan winning, appeared to be solely based on defence. Only for the penalty kick in the second half of golden point time this game was headed for a 1 point each draw. That result would have been a fair result for the normal 80 minutes of a game.

tomorrow matches

Saturday, March 24

Raiders v Warriors, GIO Stadium, 3pm (AEDT)

Rabbitohs v SeaEagles, ANZ Stadium, 5.30pm (AEDT)

Eels v Sharks, ANZ Stadium, 7.30pm (AEDT)

I watched the 2nd half of the Dogs and Penrith before playing a Big Band set tonight at Lions Club Richlands ( Great sports bar with a great selection of beers on tap personal favourite White Rabbit or Rogers ale! ) looked a nice tight game... Watched the last 15 of Broncos Tigers game and was very disapointed with the penalty. Yes I understand 2nd marker wasn't square however he never got involved in the play and therefore the ref should have let play go. Was a shame to see what looked like a tough fought game decided like that. 

Good luck for remainder of the weekend I think this one is a tough one for all! 

About time the ref picked up those cheating tigers for not being square!! Been doing it all night!!! :devil:

The previous statement may or may not be true... :whistle:

In truth I saw the replay several times and only when I read it from you @natang I had no idea why they got a penalty. Funny game cricket. 

Perhaps the ref had to pick up the kids from school and was running out of time? :frantics:

NE how Go the Broncos!!!!!

Sway too many penalties in the game at the moment and the broncos/tigers game had a few strange ones including that last unfortunate one. I hope that soon either the players learn to time their move off the line or the refs stop being so anal about it so we can see more action and less downtime. 

As a broncos fan I was glad to see the win, but a draw would have been a fair result. Also can’t help thinking that the result might have gone the other way if Benji was still on both legs towards the end.

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

The Bronco that played the ball then angled to his left so I wonder if they were saying that the marker that 'was' square 'wasn't' ........ If so, wouldn't mind betting teams either do or will practice this .....

Storm have used this tactic at times over the years to relieve pressure on them, but it has never been picked up, last night`s was only a screaming session because of the balance of the game in GP.

Saturday, March 24  results

Raiders 19  v  20 Warriors

Well done Warriors. Trailed 12–0 at 10 minutes, 13-6  40mins, 19-18  77mins... won 20-19 80mins. Shaun Johnson potted 2 field goals in 3 minutes to seal the win... Warriors 3/3,  first time in Warriors history they have won their first 3 games of a season....  Raiders,is STICKY RICKY the problem.... Going by his after game press conference, bar him and his team someone else is?

Rabbitohs34  v  6 SeaEagles

I did not see this result coming.

I know the Eels were pathetically woeful last week. I know that I`ve tipped Manly to finish mid to low bottom 8 this season. but Souths beating a winning team from the week before without Reynold`s... WTF! :lol:

Eels 4  v 14 Sharks

After last week, the Eels scored and the Sharks have won a game in 2018

tomorrows games

Sunday, March 25

Titans v Dragons, Clive Berghofer Stadium, Toowoomba, 4.10pm (AEDT)

Roosters v Knights, Allianz Stadium, 6.30pm (AEDT)

Archived