Tide Changes And Which Side Of Tide Suits Best

Simo68

Hi Simo68

Thanks for your post, interesting link, some that fish swear by wind direction,  wind speed, moon phase, run out tides, run in tides, neap tides ,night time, day time, in the end though,  go fishing when you can I reckon.!

MSB

I think a lot of those factors come into play with helping catch rates, but since I have limited time to fish, usually 4 to 5 hrs every Sunday very early in the am. I can't afford to be too fussy and fish the best I can with the available conditions. Since I can't pick my fishing times I use other methods instead. Lure choice to suit water conditions and trying to find places where fish naturally like to hang out.

I've changed my fishing plans about four times this week trying to work out what will be best for me.

agree its making do with what you have and timeframe for fishing......going to fisherman island for a few flatties this Sunday, looks like poor tide and weather but its an exploration for sunday 18th which looks prime tide-wise cheers

19 hours ago, Simo68 said:

agree its making do with what you have and timeframe for fishing......going to fisherman island for a few flatties this Sunday, looks like poor tide and weather but its an exploration for sunday 18th which looks prime tide-wise cheers

Good luck. Don't be tempted to sneak around into the bay. I recon its gonna be crazy windy.

Hope you get a few nice flathead :)

they have the pipe on the outside of the man made lake sewn up, couldn't get in from land...and difficult to park without a red flag of illegal fishing!

Went next day to Port boat ramp and got a nice bream, saw some bigger fish going through as well, then went to norfolk point and crank-baited a few nice fatties - cool weekend in all!!

13 hours ago, Simo68 said:

they have the pipe on the outside of the man made lake sewn up, couldn't get in from land...and difficult to park without a red flag of illegal fishing!

Went next day to Port boat ramp and got a nice bream, saw some bigger fish going through as well, then went to norfolk point and crank-baited a few nice fatties - cool weekend in all!!

Good one mate. I didn't know it was called Norfolk Point. Thanks. Where is the pipe you talked of?

pipe details.

So if you look at the map (satelite version) and see car/train bridges and boat ramp on Port Drive, it is directly up to the right off Lucinda Drive- the shoreline goes to a sort of point triangle.  

Look closely and you can see a whole man-made canal/channel running parallel to Lucinda Drive...its this outlet.  When you get there you can see a man made sluice gate from the canal into the bay, its here the monsters sit (apparently)...makes good sense to me.

There is nowhere to park so a problem and gates/barbed wire with signage (not that it puts me off)!!  But a tinny could cruise up well and fish here (alas no tinny so I will have to wait).

Other side of Lucinda is a man made lake - again see it well from google map satellite view.

Does that make sense?

11 hours ago, Simo68 said:

pipe details.

So if you look at the map (satelite version) and see car/train bridges and boat ramp on Port Drive, it is directly up to the right off Lucinda Drive- the shoreline goes to a sort of point triangle.  

Look closely and you can see a whole man-made canal/channel running parallel to Lucinda Drive...its this outlet.  When you get there you can see a man made sluice gate from the canal into the bay, its here the monsters sit (apparently)...makes good sense to me.

There is nowhere to park so a problem and gates/barbed wire with signage (not that it puts me off)!!  But a tinny could cruise up well and fish here (alas no tinny so I will have to wait).

Other side of Lucinda is a man made lake - again see it well from google map satellite view.

Does that make sense?

Yep got it thanks. Pic a day next week (not Wednesday) and we can go there in the tinny if you like?

Archived