Murray Cod Hunting 2018

M.Kim

Many anglers only/probably showcase their trophy catches on every fishing trip. 
However to me, fishing isn't just about the catches especially when I travel overseas to fish. 
Getting to know more places, people, friends and their cultures is part of the trip too, where every bit of such details is surely worth my time in appreciating and remembering.

Because it's often things like these that make up the entire trip's fond memories in years to come.

Hence, and especially for this trip, I had gotten and received more than I could ever asked for in a fishing trip. 
Initially I thought I was just going to a new place to conquer some new species of fishes that I hadn't caught before. 
And the thought of doing that with a good buddy of mine, Claudio Castilho Lameiras was just awesome enough. 
But I was totally wrong the moment even before the fishing started. 
Firstly, the weather at the rivers in the morning and at night was simply superb (at least for me as I find it cooling, but I can't say so for Claudio who finds it too cold).
This trip was a superb getaway from city living and for city dwellers like ourselves, we were greeted with very scenic nature environments once we left city which was a total relaxation and indulgence of a different kind.
We were also greeted very upclose and personal daily by kangaroos, wallabies, goats, owls, hares and rabbits, these being the most common pleasant sight. Apart from these, the fishing cabin was like a Ritz Carlton standard of a fishing lodge. Everything was well kept and neat, there was even hot shower and the beds were comfy and clean.

It was an absolute cosy haven to yearn for after several hours of drive from Brisbane airport and especially every day after all the trekking and walking to fish.

Guide service by Reid Cuninghame of iGuide Murray Cod was undoubtedly professional and superb. 
A truly very hardworking guide who tries his very best to ensure that all his clients catch their trophy fish and who's also probably more motivated by all the smiling faces on all his clients' faces than simply the guide fees because I am actually quite surprised to hear that he only wishes to do 5-6 trips a year in order not to put too much fishing pressure on the rivers. Something I truly respect him for, on such dedication and work.  
Other than guiding, Reid can amazingly but surely whip up some great dinner too, which is an added bonus especially after a day of trekking and fishing. 
It was also especially nice of him to introduce us to his Uncle and Aunt who stayed just a couple hundred of metres away from the cabin. 
They were very warm and hospitable hosts, and it's every generous and kind of them to show us all around the house and the many great paintings, handicrafts and decorations they'd, which many of them were drawn/made by themselves. It's a visual treat to the eyes indeed. 
And not just the visual treats, the cookies, dinner, coffee and home grown fruits were heavenly delicious too. Last but not least, not forgetting all the fun and chats over coffee and after dinner we have had. Everything was simply so personable that it seemed just like a home away from home for us on this trip. 

Hence, this is surely a fishing trip that's more enriching and satisfying than just the fishing and the fishes itself. 
Am really appreciative for all these good fortune to have happen in this trip and a big thank you to all the awesome people and the great company that makes this trip an even more fulfilling one than I'd expected.

Till the next time, take care and it surely won't be too long when I am back battling out these cods on the field again.  

Tackles: Huerco XT610-4C, XT710-5C, Anglers' Cartel Beast Tamer Jr. C652-M

https://www.facebook.com/AnglersCartel/   

thank you card.jpg

NSW 2018.jpg

Archived