Moreton Bay Past And Present

Daryl McPhee

Come and here me talk about "Moreton Bay Past and Future" at Sandgate on Sunday 27th May at 2:00 PM. I will be including a fair bit of discussion on the historic oyster reefs of Moreton Bay which I know is of interest to some of you. The location is SANDBAG, 153 Rainbow Street Sandgate. Many thanks to the sponsors of this event Tackleland Sandgate, Keep Sandgate Beautiful Association and the Sandgate and District Historical Society and Museum

img562 (2).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, shhhhhh, my wife doesn't know about her yet ........ oh, you meant 'Fat Boy' .......... :whistle:  Should be taking her for her maiden voyage tomorrow after Dad and I drill the holes into the legs of the canopy and windscreen. Got them back off the welder after a slight hiccup. Won't be a long session tomorrow, probably put a few pots out to use some of the freezer stuff up, troll for some mackerel, perhaps try for some squid at Green Island and possibly do a run through the Rous Channel/Small Boat Passage just to familiarise a bit (want to start targeting winter whiting with the missus and kids).

Will flick you some photos of my tinny tomorrow arvo - let me know if interested and you can always take it for a test run if it's what you're looking for. Need to sell it and our X-trail so I can bring Fat Boy home ..... :) Will be removing the name off the boat though as the wife (and in-laws) isn't a fan of it ...... ;)

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hey, shhhhhh, my wife doesn't know about her yet ........ oh, you meant 'Fat Boy' .......... :whistle:  Should be taking her for her maiden voyage tomorrow after Dad and I drill the holes into the legs of the canopy and windscreen. Got them back off the welder after a slight hiccup. Won't be a long session tomorrow, probably put a few pots out to use some of the freezer stuff up, troll for some mackerel, perhaps try for some squid at Green Island and possibly do a run through the Rous Channel/Small Boat Passage just to familiarise a bit (want to start targeting winter whiting with the missus and kids).

Will flick you some photos of my tinny tomorrow arvo - let me know if interested and you can always take it for a test run if it's what you're looking for. Need to sell it and our X-trail so I can bring Fat Boy home ..... :) Will be removing the name off the boat though as the wife (and in-laws) isn't a fan of it ...... ;)

Hope to see you out there. Probably will miss you as I will be further south than green/rouse. We will go into Rainbow but only as far as Myora. 

Hope the trip goes well for you mate. It will be a good test as is looks to be quite windy.

I am checking out an oyster lease to buy... excited.

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder for this weekend. You are invited to "Moreton Bay Past and Future" a presentation to be held at SANDBAG (153 Rainbow St Sandgate), Sunday 27th May at 2pm. Many thanks to the sponsors of this event - Sandgate and District Historical Society and Museum, Tackle Land Sandgate and Keep Sandgate Beautiful Association.

https://www.sandgate.com.au/news/753-our-beloved-bay-explored

Hi mate. Happy to catch up afterwards but I suspect my formal presentation will only go an hour. I am likely to be doing a talk at Woody Point in June as well so you may have another opportunity to hear the presentation then. I'll put a post up once I finalise the details of the next talk. Thanks everyone for their interest. 

27 minutes ago, Simo68 said:

dont want to come squid-hunting tonight then @Drop Bear? I may pop in to see you if free?

Yes mate drop in mate. be great to catch up. Perhaps dont be too late as the pain meds are knocking me around a bit ...I am not mobile for a few weeks. I hope you get a stack. The reports are good. they are getting a few :) 

Archived