Hello all

dhingchakdude

Hi Guys,

I am from India and going to move to Adelaide soon. I am an IT guy. I really liked Australian's friendliness and their attitude, media shows wrong picture I guess, I did not see any kind of racism towards me, and people were very helpful and welcoming, police was nice when talking to me during the immigration checks , already loving this country.

Ohh and I am new to fishing. Caught a lot of Red mullet at Norlunga jetty using worm as bait.

2 minutes ago, dhingchakdude said:

Hi Guys,

I am from India and going to move to Adelaide soon. I am an IT guy. I really liked Australian's friendliness and their attitude, media shows wrong picture I guess, I did not see any kind of racism towards me, and people were very helpful and welcoming, police was nice when talking to me during the immigration checks , already loving this country.

Ohh and I am new to fishing. Caught a lot of Red mullet at Norlunga jetty using worm as bait.

Hey mate I am really glad you had a welcoming experience. Most of us are nice people :). I love Adelaide. Lots of fishing options there too. I'd love to visit India one day. We are hoping for a trip there next year... fingers crossed. 

There are a lot of fishing laws in Australia set up to protect our fishery. Bag limits set the amount of fish you can catch an keep and size limits set how big a fish must be if you would like to take it. It can be confusing, even for experienced anglers, but is worth learning about. 

This is a great site for information on how to catch fish. I hope to see photos of your catches up here soon. 

hey @Drop Bear

i have read the fishing rules, pretty long and comprehensive I must say. Let me know if you need any guidance on visiting India, I will give you tips and tricks on how to...  There are things you need to be careful of if you are travelling with females, and places you need to avoid.

Let me know if I could be of any help.

1 hour ago, dhingchakdude said:

hey @Drop Bear

i have read the fishing rules, pretty long and comprehensive I must say. Let me know if you need any guidance on visiting India, I will give you tips and tricks on how to...  There are things you need to be careful of if you are travelling with females, and places you need to avoid.

Let me know if I could be of any help.

Great thanks. I would be with my wife so yes. Its still a while off and we don't have an itinerary yet. 

7 hours ago, dhingchakdude said:

There are things you need to be careful of if you are travelling with females

This is true, however I find that ear plugs normally takes care of this problem .......... :frantics::devil: 

Welcome to the site mate, as you can probably tell there are some friendly clowns on here. Good to hear you are enjoying Australia - I have a couple of Indian mates and they have a good sense of humour (except when their cricket team is losing .... :)). Looking forward to hearing of your fishing experiences in SA.

Welcome and nice to hear you've had positive experiences in Australia so far - the attitude/ media reports overseas that Australia is a racist country is so very far from the truth; I am an Australian living in Asia and hear this misguided mindset all the time. 

Archived