2018 Suburbs Of Origin Round One - 8th - 17th Of June

The Mad Hughesy

Round one folks, here it is! Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! The teams as it stands now are as follows...let me know if you are not on the list but want to fish

TEAM NORTHSIDE  @christophagus

TEAM SOUTHSIDE 

To summarize the comp... 9 target species; Bream, Bass, Whiting, Flathead, Snapper, Jew/Threadfin, Golden Perch (yellowbelly), Tailor and Pelagic (Tuna, Mackerel). For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item (to be advised on Monday night) with the size of the fish clearly visible! Please note, legal fish only will be accepted! All submissions must be posted in this topic by 7pm on Sunday night Happy Fishing and tight lines. Unique item will be released on Thursday night. SO watch this space!

UNIQUE ITEM : Peace symbol with your fingers

To brush up on the rules, please se the below topic link

BREAM - 32cm - @Doyley - TEAM NORTH

BASS -50- @Dinodadog - TEAM NORTH

FLATHEAD - 80cm - @fishaman - TEAM NORTH

WHITING - 36cm - @Doyley - TEAM NORTH

SNAPPER - @oldscaley 56cm - TEAM SOUTH

GOLDEN PERCH - 

TAILOR -

JEW/THREADFIN SALMON -

PELAGIC (Tuna, Mackerel) -

Ok, I will kick it off. Had a quick solo trip today. Did everything wrong - late start, half tide on the run in, and no real plan. Paid the price for this lack of planning and managed 3 small squire. They were all much the same size, but one did sneak over the line, just. I know it doesn’t look legal in the photo but I was trying to hold him down with my fingers giving some sort of peace sign and take the photo with the other wet hand. I wanted to do this quickly so I could release it in good condition. Measured properly it went 35.5.

I know this is not a winning fish but wanted to get the comp going.  Good luck everyone.

192F7AFD-A4EC-403C-A0D9-0AF350B22F26.jpeg

Spewing i missed the topic before this mornings session. Decky #2 landed this thick flatty going 61cm!! I know it won't count but hey, they're there! Thats two weekends in a row with flatties in the boat over 58cm's. Should give the Southsiders a kick up the bum this year... uppa the north. 

35049645_1834554683272482_2768442069671215104_n.jpg

Ok time to stop mucking about 😛

80cm croc!!! She battled hard for twenty minutes. Had some very nervous moments with the 8lb leader wrappped through her gill rakers, couldn’t turn her head. No decky so had to net her myself. She was fat!!! Swam off nice and healthy afterwards

8D104B80-9E90-42B7-9225-17E371280939.jpeg

EE01BAAC-2A45-4D5F-AA70-E8021115364D.jpeg

8E54D4FF-7B02-4697-B4ED-468C3E1547B0.jpeg

20 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Great flattie @Fishaman -  as I scrolled through I though it out of character that your best was 48cm ......  80cm will take a world of beating. Great snapper @Cobiaaddict - caught today?  Much better than a Krispy Kreme 🙂 

Friday morning mate. Just before the wind died out. Come from Woody Point that one. I didnt even know about this little comp at that stage.

On 09/06/2018 at 7:46 PM, timtam_ said:

Spewing i missed the topic before this mornings session. Decky #2 landed this thick flatty going 61cm!! I know it won't count but hey, they're there! Thats two weekends in a row with flatties in the boat over 58cm's. Should give the Southsiders a kick up the bum this year... uppa the north. 

35049645_1834554683272482_2768442069671215104_n.jpg

I  can see 2 fingers making a peace sign ✌️

6 hours ago, Doyley said:

Just a thought... maybe the bbq at the end of the series could be held in the winners backyard. As a reward, less travel for the winners.  For eg. southsiders win the bbq is held on the south side of the river.  

That's a great idea - and the loser's cook 🙂 

Archived