2018 Suburbs Of Origin Round One - 8th - 17th Of June

The Mad Hughesy

Well, turns out I planned my weekend the wrong way around (report cards Saturday and fishing Sunday) - thought with it having some westerly in it that the bay might be OK but boy was it messy out there today. Stopped and turned around when I got to the Hope Banks (and probably shouldn't have gone that far) and saw a yacht with a broken mast (two other yachts assisting so hope everything panned out OK - they seem to have managed to pull down the sails and mast and I'm assuming they had back up motors.

Tried anchoring at Green in the hopes the bream/squire might be on the chew but nothing apart from the same bite offs I had there a few months ago. And had a rod (NS Favourite I think - grrrr!!!) bounce out of a rod holder and into the drink - grrrr!!!  On the plus side I got some good practice for offshore bar crossings (in the bay ......:whistle:) and have total faith in my boat, it handles bad conditions well. And I'm also pleased with how quickly I've gotten used to driving it - felt in control which was good in very average conditions.

I digress however ..... I think us Southsider's may as well congratulate the winner's of Round 1. They may need to make up a victory song ........ :frantics:Well done Northsiders - dominant victory.

19 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Well, turns out I planned my weekend the wrong way around (report cards Saturday and fishing Sunday) - thought with it having some westerly in it that the bay might be OK but boy was it messy out there today. Stopped and turned around when I got to the Hope Banks (and probably shouldn't have gone that far) and saw a yacht with a broken mast (two other yachts assisting so hope everything panned out OK - they seem to have managed to pull down the sails and mast and I'm assuming they had back up motors.

Tried anchoring at Green in the hopes the bream/squire might be on the chew but nothing apart from the same bite offs I had there a few months ago. And had a rod (NS Favourite I think - grrrr!!!) bounce out of a rod holder and into the drink - grrrr!!!  On the plus side I got some good practice for offshore bar crossings (in the bay ......:whistle:) and have total faith in my boat, it handles bad conditions well. And I'm also pleased with how quickly I've gotten used to driving it - felt in control which was good in very average conditions.

I digress however ..... I think us Southsider's may as well congratulate the winner's of Round 1. They may need to make up a victory song ........ :frantics:Well done Northsiders - dominant victory.

Was almost going to give it another shot myself this morning but that wind looked ugly...

Smart move on heading back...btw what rig are you driving again? 

Archived