Fishing Report - Northern Moreton Bay 9 June 2018

1 hour ago, christophagus said:

nice one mate.

didn't happen to get a pic with the peace finger symbol with the whiting on a brag mat did you? haha currently it would take out the whiting category for the Suburbs of origin

Nah ... should have though 😛 next time for sure as parts of that fish went into my belly already! 

BTW not sure how to do the fish report correctly so pointers appreciated !

37 minutes ago, Poddymullet said:

Nah ... should have though 😛 next time for sure as parts of that fish went into my belly already! 

BTW not sure how to do the fish report correctly so pointers appreciated !

Mate you are a natural. Your report is a beauty. Keep them coming!

There are some old posts with tips on doing reports if you wanted to read but don't feel that you need to. We all just like reading about what is biting and seeing a few pics. 

23 minutes ago, Cobiaaddict said:

Did you keep those whiting frames,  they make great snapper baits.  Freeze them as straight as possible. Places out around Cape Moreton like Roberts Shoals etc.  the snapper love baits like that at this time of year. 

Cheers

Josh 

Great tip! Take it you keep the heads on yeah? An old guy I used to somehow always meet on the beach in Dee Why when I was fishing used to put live whiting on for Jew ... swore by them and

Please login or register to view this content
off the rocks. Must admit I miss rock hoping around Sydney foreshores ... for those of you haven't done float fishing for black fishing its really addictive  and they fight like made on the gear you need to get them. Old rumour was the best blackfish (can't use the name we actually use for this type of fishing publicly) fisherman made the best jew fisherman... 
2 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

Great tip! Take it you keep the heads on yeah? An old guy I used to somehow always meet on the beach in Dee Why when I was fishing used to put live whiting on for Jew ... swore by them and

Please login or register to view this content
off the rocks. Must admit I miss rock hoping around Sydney foreshores ... for those of you haven't done float fishing for black fishing its really addictive  and they fight like made on the gear you need to get them. Old rumour was the best blackfish (can't use the name we actually use for this type of fishing publicly) fisherman made the best jew fisherman... 

Yeah mate,  Keep the heads on,   put a 8/0 or 9/0 Gamakatsu octopus Hook through the nose,  2 or 3 ball sinker.  Anchor , burley hard and float back in the current and "hang on". 

23 minutes ago, Doyley said:

And one for southsiders who don’t like their new boat touching the water!  😂😜

Low blow (especially from a fellow teacher ...... 🙂). The good news is I'm on track for both our Athletics Carnival and school reports so should be able to fit a fish in next weekend - now I just need to find the fish ..... 🙂