• 3 months later...

Keep an eye out at Coles, IGA, Woolies seafood sections for marked down Mullet fillets. When marked down they usually go for about $7 per kg. Same with cooked school prawns. They often go for $9 per kg. Both being cheaper and better quality than stuff sold as 'bait'. I buy it when I see it cheap and put it in the freezer.

Another hack is to buy chicken breast or boned chicken thighs when on special. About $6 per kg. Freeze it till you need it. When you want to use it, thaw and marinate in following; Buy a cheap bottle of oyster sauce ($2) and a small packet of black and gold parmesan cheese. ($2) Cut 1kg chook into strips of whatever size you like. Put in a plastic bag and tip about 200ml of oyster sauce on top. Mix together well. Then tip in all the parmesan on top and mix in as well. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and tie. Let marinate for a few hours before use. Or you can freeze it for later. This bait is SENSATIONAL! Bream commit suicide on it!

5 hours ago, PORTA-BLOKE said:

Keep an eye out at Coles, IGA, Woolies seafood sections for marked down Mullet fillets. When marked down they usually go for about $7 per kg. Same with cooked school prawns. They often go for $9 per kg. Both being cheaper and better quality than stuff sold as 'bait'. I buy it when I see it cheap and put it in the freezer.

Another hack is to buy chicken breast or boned chicken thighs when on special. About $6 per kg. Freeze it till you need it. When you want to use it, thaw and marinate in following; Buy a cheap bottle of oyster sauce ($2) and a small packet of black and gold parmesan cheese. ($2) Cut 1kg chook into strips of whatever size you like. Put in a plastic bag and tip about 200ml of oyster sauce on top. Mix together well. Then tip in all the parmesan on top and mix in as well. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and tie. Let marinate for a few hours before use. Or you can freeze it for later. This bait is SENSATIONAL! Bream commit suicide on it!

chicken bait sounds good mate, might have to give it a shot!

On 11/10/2018 at 3:25 AM, PORTA-BLOKE said:

Cracking idea. Will give it a go. Thanks for the tip. 

Archived