Moreton Island Camping And Fishing Adventure

Drop Bear

With the rain type weather looking mint for the weekend and mixed wind forecasts but mostly from the west, I'm pretty excited that I got invited to go to Moreton Island to do some camping this weekend. Camping on the eastern beach. Yew!!

The foot is still a bit rubbish and I probably will have to spend most of the time in a chair sipping on some tasty beverages but I think that will be something I can put up with. 

Report will follow but I hope this will be a great adventure. 

Yay!!!

Rods sorted. I am only taking 2.

A) 12.5 with 2 alveys as options and one 5000 sustain. 

This will give me Taylor slug options, Rock options and beach Jew options high tide bream/dart/whiting/flathead.

B) 6.5m with 2000 spinning real for whiting and bream at low tide shallow gutters. 

Fishing gear is super minimal (for me) 3 gang hooks, whiting hooks, some 6/0s for Jew. 4 medum sinkers and a few small ones and some of those beads that make a little shock absorber between sinker and hook. 

No rain predicted so just taking a swag and a swag of beer.... oh and sneaking in the old stones green ginger wine. I love a snifter of that when its cold. 🙂

One chair, one bowl, one cup, knife fork spoon, stubby holder. 2 shirts 2 shorts 3 undies and a jumper and jacket. 

I think that is it. 

1 hour ago, Angry51 said:

You should get a good cast with

that 6.5m Whiting rod.:yikes:

Cheers

Gary

haha soz. metric/imperial mix up. 🙂 I have fantasied about getting one of those really long Japanese or English course fishing rods but I don't have one yet. 6.5 foot all the way. 🙂

I have the best 8ft rod for you to take. I bought it at Bribie Island tacjkle shop near the jetty in 1997 for $30 with a reel and I have caught more fish on that rod then anything else due to it’s whippyness.

Sorry to hear the foot is still not well. At least you have a swag of beer and a chair you ccan sit on beach !!!! What is this ginger wine/ beer??? I have never tried it....... 

I’ll look out for it! 

I would have offered to take you out mate but I deregistered my boat dur to student income.... Kept trailer registered as dopn’t need roadworthy for boat! Maybe after Christmas I will be able to take you out or meet up with you and take my boat out with yours....

12 hours ago, natang said:

I have the best 8ft rod for you to take. I bought it at Bribie Island tacjkle shop near the jetty in 1997 for $30 with a reel and I have caught more fish on that rod then anything else due to it’s whippyness.

Sorry to hear the foot is still not well. At least you have a swag of beer and a chair you ccan sit on beach !!!! What is this ginger wine/ beer??? I have never tried it....... 

I’ll look out for it! 

I would have offered to take you out mate but I deregistered my boat dur to student income.... Kept trailer registered as dopn’t need roadworthy for boat! Maybe after Christmas I will be able to take you out or meet up with you and take my boat out with yours....

I snuck in a third rod... 8 foot whippy glass one I made from a snider blank about 20 years ago... 🙂 Thanks for the tip/reminder

12 hours ago, natang said:

What is this ginger wine/ beer??? I have never tried it....... 

https://www.google.com.au/shopping/product/1?lsf=seller:6690056,store:18159101932515364079&prds=pid:7778501556328346686,oid:8516810305331181661&q=stones+green+ginger+wine&hl=en&ei=jf9QW-PSMMK_0gS0g4mgAQ&lsft=gclid:CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXTsLcTvbppmD2JALTFQLRQZC-IwBlxI0cnMilgRvuCu_fUIYB8GDphoCTeEQAvD_BwE

Its the perfect thing to have a sip of around a fire. Mind you it is very sweet so I only like a few... Perfect with a beer as well. 

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I saw that once at the check out in the cheap trolley but stayed clear. Maybe I will have to try it now since so many of you recommend it.... So it is a wine made from Ginger? My grandad used to make home made nectarine and mango wine. You’d poor a glass then fruit flies would come from no where and be on your glass. Could only ever have a few small glasses of it as it was rocket fuel! 

On 20/07/2018 at 10:34 AM, natang said:

I saw that once at the check out in the cheap trolley but stayed clear. Maybe I will have to try it now since so many of you recommend it.... So it is a wine made from Ginger? My grandad used to make home made nectarine and mango wine. You’d poor a glass then fruit flies would come from no where and be on your glass. Could only ever have a few small glasses of it as it was rocket fuel! 

I don't know how they make it but it is like a sweet gingery port. Yum

Archived