Hi From A Newbie

Bud.

Hi fellow fish lovers. 

Just joined and am going to ask a couple of questions of the boffins and the knowledgeable a on the site. 

Due to a few reasons I haven't been fishing for a long time. Probably more than 15 years to be honest.

I am in Deception Bay just north of Brisbane.

I am interested in going freshwater fishing but I am lacking something that would make it easy for me. A boat. Can anyone tell me where to go that I can fish freshwater land based.

Also as I used to mainly beach fish, but am also lacking a 4bee, where would be a couple of good places around my area to toss a line in. I used to occassion Bribie and Sandstone for flatties and bream, but would like to know where to go at Beachmere and Ningi Caboolture river.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Oh. Just been informed I am going to be fishing Deepwater Bend this weekend. So hope to post a couple, if not a lot, of pics of my monster catches.

Happy hunting peeps.

And thanks for having me.

Should be a few bass in the Pine in behind the pine rivers historical village. They would have worked their way up after spilling from kurwongbah. Also try in NPD from the park near the rangers hut,Bullockys rest,Mcgavins View,,and Forgans cove ( May be closed ),Dawn and dusk the better time,

Cheers

Ray

Hi Bud

Good whiting still to be had at Sandstone Pt, you can pump yabbies and fish the run in tide in the same spot, good yabbies available, wear some good foot wear, been a few stone fish around the area, good luck

MSB

FYI its closed season for Bass at the moment (anywhere in tidal areas).

Lots of sags at deep water bend, but still a few good fish around there mate. If the budget permits, track down a cheap kayak on gumtree (can pick em up for around $150 form time to time). That will get you off the bank and onto the water

Archived