1770 Deckie Spot (filled)

Luvit

1 hour ago, Poddymullet said:

So tempted to say 'pick me pick me!' 

Let me know. I’ll put you in touch with him. 

Landrunner and l in my boat. Luke’s brother in-law and friend in another 21ft CC Seafox. 

Brad is the one looking for a deckie and he has a centre console 21ft Contender. 

26 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

I know it is still early but Meteye shows Saturday and Sunday looking amazing up that way.

Looking at the changing forecast I'm thinking Travel Friday head out Friday afternoon to Fitzroy. Then enjoy Saturdays and Sundays conditions and possibly Monday as well.

3 minutes ago, straddiebrad said:

well guys i wont be going but terry is taking it up good luck to all going smash em

That's no good Brad.

Let Terry know we are expecting to be anchoring up at Sykes if he want to join us.

Plans now finalized. 

There will be 4 boats heading up and Fishing Friday which will be a sloppy day and night.

Looking forward to waking to a nice full day Saturday and Sunday before heading back in just before dark.

After 10 weeks off the salt, it will be good to get back into it.

Hope the back holds up. After hurting it loading the boat on the weekend, I went to the Chiropractor which gave a little relief and I iced it 3 times and took some Voltaren and magnesium powder. Straight from the Chiro to have a cortisone steroid injection in my left shoulder to relieve some pain.

Wonder how bad I'll be when I hit 50!🤒

19 minutes ago, Luvit said:

Plans now finalized. 

There will be 4 boats heading up and Fishing Friday which will be a sloppy day and night.

Looking forward to waking to a nice full day Saturday and Sunday before heading back in just before dark.

After 10 weeks off the salt, it will be good to get back into it.

Hope the back holds up. After hurting it loading the boat on the weekend, I went to the Chiropractor which gave a little relief and I iced it 3 times and took some Voltaren and magnesium powder. Straight from the Chiro to have a cortisone steroid injection in my left shoulder to relieve some pain.

Wonder how bad I'll be when I hit 50!🤒

Have a great time!!! Can't wait to see the pictures...

I am pushing 45 and never thought I have this many aches and pains...especially when I feel like I am still 25 in my head 🤣

hope this comes across as just my experience and not a lecture ... I have a busted lower back but have stayed away from Cortisone cause it ends up making things worse long term..weakens the ligaments and surrounding tissues ... that's why they can only give you 3. What I found the best (when I do it) is stretching / strengthening and trying to stay away from foods that don't fight inflammation. Basically means try and stay away from carbs etc and eat more dark green veggies like Kale etc and straight up protein...they reckon beer is bad too but you got to have a vice 🤩

Osteos generally work better for my condition too...

2 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

Have a great time!!! Can't wait to see the pictures...

I am pushing 45 and never thought I have this many aches and pains...especially when I feel like I am still 25 in my head 🤣

hope this comes across as just my experience and not a lecture ... I have a busted lower back but have stayed away from Cortisone cause it ends up making things worse long term..weakens the ligaments and surrounding tissues ... that's why they can only give you 3. What I found the best (when I do it) is stretching / strengthening and trying to stay away from foods that don't fight inflammation. Basically means try and stay away from carbs etc and eat more dark green veggies like Kale etc and straight up protein...they reckon beer is bad too but you got to have a vice 🤩

Osteos generally work better for my condition too...

Thanks for the info. 

I find Fisiocrem to be very good for pain relief for my shoulder/neck problems. Funnily enough it's been the thought of not being able to fish offshore as I get older that has made me realise I should take my back/neck/posture seriously - now I just need to act on it ........... 🙂 

Have a great trip fellas - hope you don't have to hand the rod over too many times when you're loaded up to a big one Wayne ........ although I'm sure @Luke Landrunner will offer you a massage ......... :whistle:🤣

2 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I find Fisiocrem to be very good for pain relief for my shoulder/neck problems. Funnily enough it's been the thought of not being able to fish offshore as I get older that has made me realise I should take my back/neck/posture seriously - now I just need to act on it ........... 🙂 

Have a great trip fellas - hope you don't have to hand the rod over too many times when you're loaded up to a big one Wayne ........ although I'm sure @Luke Landrunner will offer you a massage ......... :whistle:🤣

Well he's only human Kel.

New thread with all the remedies we use.

Archived