Wynnum Fishing Classic

Angus

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/09/2018 at 11:04 AM, jon said:

I may have overlooked this but what are the boundaries? Also is the entire river mouth at the port off limits or just the no go zones eg 30 metres from wharfs etc?

Yes Brad is right. No boundaries just stick to normal boating and fishing rules. Brisbane river is all good we just want to make sure people obey the law

23 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Noticed a minor error on the schedule page of the comp site. It says that the assessment of the photos starts at 2pm and finishes at 1.30pm. Also, if the raffles will be drawn during the presentations it might be worth spelling that out in the schedule. Site looks good though.

Thanks I will amend. I really appreciate the checking 🙂

23 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Noticed a minor error on the schedule page of the comp site. It says that the assessment of the photos starts at 2pm and finishes at 1.30pm. Also, if the raffles will be drawn during the presentations it might be worth spelling that out in the schedule. Site looks good though.

Fixed thanks for that. Keep em coming 🙂

I love having someone checking

On 03/09/2018 at 3:32 PM, straddiebrad said:

thanks mate do the kids come to the briefing aswell

Yes all competitors must attend the briefing. I guess it would be ok if parents attended for them. 

Here is some info

-------------------------------

When - 4.00 pm 12th October to 2.00 pm 14th October 

Where - George Clayton Park 55 Lower Esplanade Manly 

All COMPETITORS must attend a Sign in/Briefing where you can collect your unique item. See below for details. 

Schedule

Friday 12th October

Sign in and briefings 4 pm, 6 pm

raffles

sausage sizzle

Saturday Morning 13th October

Sign in and briefings at 7 am and 9 am

Raffles

Sausage Sizzle

Sunday Morning 14th October

Sign in and briefing at 7 am and 9.00 am

Sunday Afternoon 14th October

Virtual weigh in from 11.30 am to 2 pm sharp

Stalls and Displays  to be set up before 10 am and not removed before 3.30 pm

Confirmation of photos 2.00 pm - 2.30 pm

Presentations and talks 2.30 pm - 3.00 pm

Raffles drawn at 3.00 pm

Where -  George Clayton Park Wynnum Esplanade Manly

What is that area like for boat parking. If you are expecting a big turnout, you will have a lot of boats turn up as many will not drive home to drop off the boat and then come back, especially if they live miles away.

I imagine most will fish till the latest possible time and then go directly to the weigh in.

3 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I don't think we can get anyone from OzFish to host. Do we know any local famous fishos? 

At a previous meeting we discussed:  Gary Howard, Leanne/Robbie Payne, Dave ‘Nugget’ Downie,  Steve Morgan. Other's off the top of my head could be: 

• Scotty Hillier (Creek to Coast - possibly they could do a piece on it for their show?)
  • Paul Burt (Channel 7)
  • Spero Kartanos (Fishing Monthly website blog about Moreton Bay and sometimes does articles in QFM)

10 hours ago, aussie123 said:

What is that area like for boat parking. If you are expecting a big turnout, you will have a lot of boats turn up as many will not drive home to drop off the boat and then come back, especially if they live miles away.

I imagine most will fish till the latest possible time and then go directly to the weigh in.

My thoughts are there should be plenty as all the streets running down to water front usually have ample parking. Obviously there is always a chance of the waterfront being busier than usual though.

Angus

On 05/09/2018 at 4:09 PM, straddiebrad said:

if its a good day will be hard to get a park

On 04/09/2018 at 8:31 PM, aussie123 said:

What is that area like for boat parking.

There is always plenty of parking in the streets that run down to the park. It might be a 2 or 3 min walk but it will work. 

On 05/09/2018 at 8:52 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

I guess regardless of where we have it, there's the chance parking could be difficult and people might need to have a plan B.

Also it is a 5 min walk from the manly boat ramp where there is a lot of trailer parking. 

It is a good point though guys thanks. @aussie123 and @straddiebrad. I will put this on the info sheet. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, straddiebrad said:

whats everyones plans for this event i plann to take the kids for a flathead hunt in the morning then hits some spots for a jew or thready in the late arvo?

Sounds solid. I think if you got a good Flatty, any legal jew, any legal salmon and an ok Snapper you would be in a great chance to win Champion Angler. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jon said:

I don’t think I’m gonna be able to make this one unfortunately. I have bought a few raffle tickets though does any one know if you have to be present for the draw

Thanks so much for your support. Sorry you cant make it to the competition. You don't need to be at the draw. We will contact the winner if they are not there. 

12 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

Congrats Brad, and good on you and the boys for sticking it out and putting in the the hard yards in ordinary conditions. Highlight of the day was the smile on Jackson’s face every time he came up to claim a prize. 

yes was hard going  jaxson did love it he wants to go fishing every chance he gets

33 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I think a special mention is called for, for the tremendous job @Drop Bear did in putting the whole event together and kicking off the whole Oyster project. Appreciated by both insiders and outsiders alike I am sure. Well done champ.

Good call @ellicat. I am sure Robbie will be hearing people calling his name in his sleep tonight. Really successful event despite the weather.  Bring on the 2019 event.

I cannot believe the success of the event considering weather. Well done to everyone who helped it has been a pleasure working with you all. And yes, a special big thanks to Robbie and all his hard work on top! 

Treasurer did the count last night and there is a healthy slab of coin going to the oyster reef project.

Well done @straddiebrad as well and your grand kid. Efforts paid off.

Archived