Couple Of Fish From Last Week (videos Added)

jon

Managed to get out a couple of times last week with the hopes of entering a few fish in the comp. we fished pretty hard using every technique from cathedrals to the cape. Sadly not the best results but it was still an enjoyable week. I mangaged to take third place in the jewies. And my mates got first and third in the squid.  We managed to get an eight kilo snapper which on any other week youd be pretty stoked about but we were up against some pretty gun fishos,  it just missed out on third with the first place fish going 9.2kg. We all took home a prize anyhow  and hopefully next year we can have a better crack

C2E3D3A6-26B5-438D-9C62-1E6164467ECE.jpeg

E987CE88-3CCA-4A87-9128-B69D16136863.jpeg

2434CFFD-8EC7-4D86-BD05-D300C2CACCEA.jpeg

C523CED0-AFA9-4020-AB7A-77001011E664.jpeg

E4156DB4-9B80-4403-ADCD-F3CFB18324A1.jpeg

16 minutes ago, demarc said:

Well done mate. I see the plastics seem to be doing the most damage.

Yeah I’ve really started to give them a proper go these days. They seem to be pretty effective on brining out some of the bigger snapper

Sharks haven’t been an issue, but if you Berly hard and fish some big baits I’m sure you’ll mange bring some around, much to the disgust of any other boats in the vicinity 😂😂. I’d suggest hitting up Caloundra wide, Barwon banks or tempest as they have all been fishing well, Spanish have been caught on surface lures but plenty of people been catching them on live baits

11 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

That is awesome. Congratulations on all the fish. I am heading offshore on Thursday. Any tips on where is fishing well? 

What did those Spanish take? 

Also I have some German friends coming with me. Did you have much trouble with sharks? They would love to see one. 

Take them to see some whales there every where at the moment

17 hours ago, jon said:

Yeah the snaps seem to look different depending on the area they were caught eg sand or reefs or water depths

I would like to study this phenomena more closely and then write a thesis on it. If you could kindly PM me your GPS marks so I can gather specimens (which I promise I won't eat ......... :whistle:) it would help my, uhummmmmm, research project greatly ........ 🙂 

On a serious note both of these explanations make perfect sense.

20 hours ago, jon said:

Yeah that’s a bream, dunno who threw that in the box lol. Yeah the snaps seem to look different depending on the area they were caught eg sand or reefs or water depths

Its a solid bream mate but with all that quality there... I probably would have put it in the eski too 😁

7 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Its a solid bream mate but with all that quality there... I probably would have put it in the eski too 😁

Actually now I think of it it would have been kept to enter in the comp, but would have fell short and been Somones dinner instead

4 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

I would like to study this phenomena more closely and then write a thesis on it. If you could kindly PM me your GPS marks so I can gather specimens (which I promise I won't eat ......... :whistle:) it would help my, uhummmmmm, research project greatly ........ 🙂 

On a serious note both of these explanations make perfect sense.

Me too! I am right in the middle of a PHD and those marks might just help me pass 

Archived