New Oyster Shell Recycling Site

Drop Bear

Hey everyone,

We are having our OzFish Meeting at my place tomorrow. We would love to have you along. Pm me for details.

Unfortunately we have been kicked out of our shell recycling site but never fear we have a better one.

It is at Port Gate. @tugger you drive past it to go to work. 

We are having a working bee here on Saturday 22nd of September. Come and join in the fun.

Here are some pictures.

20180907_141427.jpg

20180907_141435.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was there yesterday. I am going to start delivering shell there tomorrow and put it up the back out of the way. 

They want us to make it look great. We need to do some earthworks so that the shell silt does not run off. 

Plan is to get a machine in for a day and put up some small bund walls and a water trap. scrape the site clean and put up temporary fencing that we can get from port of Brisbane site. 

Then start bringing shell over from other site as well as Moreton and Tweed Heads. 

Robbie you have really got on to this project really quickly! I am applying for a job down at Murrarie at private school next year so I may be moving down Wynumm way after xmas...... We shall see! Long way from Ipswich to come down. But am keen to get involved soon once I get through degree and start having more $$$ to get me to do things...

8 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Moreton and Tweed Heads??

Yes both. Tweed heads stuff can be road transported so easier to get. It will also need to be treated so will absolutely have to come to the facility.

The Moreton Island stuff does not need treatment because it came from the bay so would have no bio security issues. Effectively we can take over containers to Moreton and drop the shell into the water on the way home. 

Another advantage of the new site is it has access to the boat passage. We can load barges with a crane straight from the site!

36 minutes ago, natang said:

Robbie you have really got on to this project really quickly! I am applying for a job down at Murrarie at private school next year so I may be moving down Wynumm way after xmas...... We shall see! Long way from Ipswich to come down. But am keen to get involved soon once I get through degree and start having more $$$ to get me to do things...

Thanks mate. We would love your support if you find you have the time. It is a great cause. 🙂

Archived