Some Advice On A New Rod

mjudge

Hi all

I have recently purchased a Atomic Arrow and loving it, but looking for something a little lighter with a new reel 

I was thinking about taking one of the MegaBass Racing Condition 2-8lb and pairing this up with the new Exceler 3000 LT or the 2500?

Based on both of those i will be spending about $400 

I want something which will last me a long time as my "easy pick up and go rod" (as much as the arrow is lovely)

ANy thoughts would be appreciated ;) 

Thanks, Matt

12 hours ago, mjudge said:

Hi all

I have recently purchased a Atomic Arrow and loving it, but looking for something a little lighter with a new reel 

I was thinking about taking one of the MegaBass Racing Condition 2-8lb and pairing this up with the new Exceler 3000 LT or the 2500?

Based on both of those i will be spending about $400 

I want something which will last me a long time as my "easy pick up and go rod" (as much as the arrow is lovely)

ANy thoughts would be appreciated 😉

Thanks, Matt

Hey Matt, 

Welcome to the forum. 

I am not familiar with the rod or the reel so am no help at all.... sorry but just wanted to say hi! 

16 hours ago, mjudge said:

Thanks buddy!

Is there anything you would recommend for a similiar price?

I am looking for seomthing for Bream, Trev, Flatties etc.

Cheers, Matt

Bump! 

I held the Terez Rod the other day. It is pretty nice and looks fairly bullet proof. I need a more rough and tumble rod as I am a bit rough with the gear.... sadface. 

I also like the Shimano Sustain reels. They seem a great all round good quality reel. I have had 2 for about 2 years not and have fished them hard and not washed them every time. They have caught a lot of fish including big jew, tailor and trevally off the rocks. 

I personally have gone away from the lower and mid range daiwa reels and find Shimano in that price point make a better reel for the $$. Especially if you are hard on your gear both of my Sol2 reels in the 3000 and 4000 sizes destroyed themselves.  I have a couple stradics now that I really like then have some high end daiwa gear that I haven't been able to fault yet

Archived