Sign in to follow this  
Drop Bear

Wynnum Fishing Classic 2019 Date And Fun Wfc? Wfsf?

Hey Gang,

After our huge success with this years Wynnum Fishing Classic I wanted to get your advice on dates and formats for next year. Many of our AFOers were there and won heaps of Prizes.

EDIT Update so far:

Now Called The OzFish Unlimited Wynnum/Manly Fishing and Seafood Festival... (eek that is long)

New Date is 3rd to the 6th of May. Does this date clash with anything that you know of? I cant find too much.

Comp is part of a huge Seafood Festival. 

All fish that are registered species are eligible no matter how small. Undersized fish will be accepted (its catch and release after all)

Species to potentially include;

Mangrove Jack

Catfish

Mullet

Tilapia

Oyster Eating Competition. I will be at sandstone point this weekend where they have one so will check out their method. 

All volunteers get a free shirt.

Please login or register to view this attachment

Clashes with the opening of the NZ duck hunting season so I won't be in attendance unfortunately. 

Please login or register to view this image
 Quack quack...

Looks like an awesome event though and for a great cause, kudos to @Drop Bear for organizing, hope I have better luck in the raffle next year!  congrats @straddiebrad on his win this year.