Soft Plastic Mould Makers In Aus?

ndiggles

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone knows anyone in Aus who has experience in soft plastic lure mould design and manufacture? I would like to get some moulds CNC'd for small scale commercial production but have a unique design so talking to someone who can/has done this would be very helpful!

Cheers,

Nick.

On 01/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, ndiggles said:

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone knows anyone in Aus who has experience in soft plastic lure mould design and manufacture? I would like to get some moulds CNC'd for small scale commercial production but have a unique design so talking to someone who can/has done this would be very helpful!

Cheers,

Nick.

I know that Gobblers makes them locally. He might be able to help.

https://www.gobblers.com.au/

Although this might be direct competition? 

Thanks Drop Bear, from what I can see I THINK most of his moulds are commercially availabe and not custom (I may be wrong), and whilst I don't know him personally I did ask via FB if he knew anyone and he suggested I try a machine shop.  But my design isn't a simple shape and will look a bit different from what most look like so it would help to have some expert advice on the feasibility of the mould design before I start shelling out to machinists.  I know there is a company in the US and a couple elsewhere that specifically work with soft plastic lure mould design however it has been difficult for me to secure confidentiality of my design overseas.  There are heaps of injection moulding companies here but when talking to them they seem not to understand the typical hand-injection process and plastisol that we fishermen use, plus I think it's too small-scale for them to bother with and I don't have the sort of budgets they're used to dealing with...

Anyway cheers for your reply!

I had a chat with my mate and he is happy to talk to you so send him an email at grant.presto@gmail.com.

He owns SolidCam Australia and New Zealand here in Brisbane but be patient for an answer as he is a very busy man.

Let him know that Lance from ReelTackle sent you and he will know who you are.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, ndiggles said:

Thankyou Lance, Grant sounds like he is in good position to really help and I will email him shortly,  I appreciate you providing the contact, thankyou for the effort!

Any updates mate? Id love to see some of your lures when you get them made up. 

Hi Dropbear, Lance's contact is a great bloke and  hopefully will have the time to comment on the feasibility of machining the design soon although he is very busy, so have been having a go at some CAD myself - rest assured I will share the design here but as it's a potential commercial endeavour I will wait until I have some work underway on moulds first, cheers!

On 11/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, ndiggles said:

Hi Dropbear, Lance's contact is a great bloke and  hopefully will have the time to comment on the feasibility of machining the design soon although he is very busy, so have been having a go at some CAD myself - rest assured I will share the design here but as it's a potential commercial endeavour I will wait until I have some work underway on moulds first, cheers!

Fair enough mate. I would be interested in buying some and giving them a burl. When you get sorted let us know. 

Archived