Just Moved Up From Vic. Need Pointers And Directions

Rustie

Hi Everyone, i am new here, just moved to Brisbane few months ago from Vic, I haven't been fishing for over a year. most of my time fishing in Vic.

I wonder what should i be targeting for ? jewfish? bream?  what bait should i use? (I wonder where can i catch mullet with bread n small hooks for livies ?) anyone can give some suggestions on this? Thank you in advance cheers

Welcome to AFO!

There are lots of places to fish in South East Queensland. It depends on what part of Brisbane you live in - if you're Southside then anywhere from the Gold Coast up including all the rivers (Nerang, Albert) and Moreton Bay. If you're north side - Sunshine Coast down including Redcliffe, Pine Rivers and Moreton Bay. Of course there is Brisbane River, but many people fish in Moreton Bay and offshore.

There are lots of places, so best bet is to narrow down areas that are close to you or what species you are targeting.

Thanks for the Welcome Guys.

i am thinking of catching mullet and put in my live tank with air pump or going for lure fishing for jews.

i wonder if anyone can share some light where to catch mullet  as i do not have a cast net. use bread, tuna oild and prawn paste to make a dough or small pce of chicken as i have done it in vic pretty successfully.

any place within 100kms of brissy city is fine with me.

Targeting: Jews. 

any information would be great help in this 

Picture 040_resize.jpg

20160814_105343.jpg

Archived