Learning To Fish For Bass

Huffy26

Hey guys, just joined the group yesterday. I’ve been doing lots of reading on google on the best ways/locations/lures to catch the amazing Australian bass. I’m located in camira and have to do all of my fishing from land. Looking to buy a kayak very soon. Any locations/pointers or just little tips to help me out would be greatly appreciated. Zero idea where to go looking for them. 

Gday , a good starter spot can be one mile ipswich. Under one mile bridge using surface lures or shallow divers late arvo will work. The fields either side have a couple access spots worth a look. Bundamba creek behind soccor fields and skate park worth a go aswell. Boots and tough long pants for the snakes if you venture to any of these spots. Mt crosby weir down stream in open waters another spot. Brassall bridge another aswell as shapcott park or gladstone park near railway bridge. 

On 17/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, wesfish said:

Gday , a good starter spot can be one mile ipswich. Under one mile bridge using surface lures or shallow divers late arvo will work. The fields either side have a couple access spots worth a look. Bundamba creek behind soccor fields and skate park worth a go aswell. Boots and tough long pants for the snakes if you venture to any of these spots. Mt crosby weir down stream in open waters another spot. Brassall bridge another aswell as shapcott park or gladstone park near railway bridge. 

Pro tip. Good on ya Wesfish

Archived