brissy river 19/11/07

STU

Went to the river to check out a few spots see how they are going getting closer to the classic first fish I got was a cod on mask vibe and it spat up a crab it just ate hungry little fella,then caught a just legal squire 38cm on a plastic saw plenty of bream chasing my gear but at that stage fishing deeper so was not bothered with the bream leave them there for the classic so I moved to a drain near by had a flick out and noticed a wind not so while I was trying to get it out a nice flatty of about 55-60cm jump on so I snapped the knot and fought the fish by hand like fly style got it beside the boat head shake and dropped it:angry:.So I then went to check out some breambob spots nailed 3 in 5 casts on pumkinseed gulp plenty of bream around so moved on again towards the mouth more to check out a thready spot saw some nice archs on the sounder but no luck on masks:huh: then headed out around the rock wall out of bounds in the comp but still ok today and only got a undersize squire and cod on plastics to much weed floating around getting caught on my jig head so headed back down the river tried a spot I normally get flatty couple of casts latter and my 4lb outfit was screaming fought it for a bit then snap I assume it was a flatty since my leader was fraid. I also saw the dolphins again out the mouth came up to the boat gave them a pat and off they went rang the mrs she was spewing now she wants to come next time to see the dolphins. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/brissy_river_001_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598433073_thumb.jpg

Fisher_90 wrote:

What ramp is that mate? Im looking at trying the sunken wall and the port rock walls more often and need a good ramp.

That fishermans island boat ramp thought I would use it since I knew I would be back at low tide and after last time when my car slid :S on the aquirium boat passage ramp not risking it by myself.fisherman island ramp is the closest to the spots your talking about

STU wrote:

Tim a wrote:
Nice work Stu, I'll be mainly chasing squire and bream this comp so we may see you there.

You will see us for sure I got spots all up and down the river I will be fishing them all going all over the place

Cool, if you see us in a small tinny with an old school 6hp on it, don't forget to say hi and brag about how you can get from one spot to another is 2 minutes:P.

Brian D wrote:

STU wrote:

Nice Stu but mate that's enough practice for you, anymore and you might find yourself with a handicap for the comp. Oh you got one already - plasoman. :woohoo:

true mate lol

Archived