Help For Pairing Rod And Reel

Josh96

Hey Everyone, 

I recently purchased a Shimano Saragosa 10000SW. I was wondering if I could fit it to my Diawa Monster Mesh 832XX. The rod is rated to PE 8 (80lbs). However, I only want to spool the reel with 50lbs power pro braid. Is the rod too heavy for the reel and line I wish to use, or should this work?

Also, it says on the rod that it's casting weight is 200 grams. I was wondering if I could successfully throw 75-150 gram lures on this rod? 

* Please help, as I have already purchased the rod and will have to return it if you recommend otherwise. 

Thanks. 

On 29/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, Josh96 said:

Hey Everyone, 

I recently purchased a Shimano Saragosa 10000SW. I was wondering if I could fit it to my Diawa Monster Mesh 832XX. The rod is rated to PE 8 (80lbs). However, I only want to spool the reel with 50lbs power pro braid. Is the rod too heavy for the reel and line I wish to use, or should this work?

Also, it says on the rod that it's casting weight is 200 grams. I was wondering if I could successfully throw 75-150 gram lures on this rod? 

* Please help, as I have already purchased the rod and will have to return it if you recommend otherwise. 

Thanks. 

Can you have a ping in the back yard mate? My understanding is that casting weight is the ideal weight but many rods will chuck other weighted slugs around. 

Archived