Bad Start

ellicat

Hope your wife is OK.

Christmas is a dangerous time to be on the road!!

IMO, red light runners should have the book thrown at them. It's just happening too often as many seem to thing that the orange light means plant your foot and go for broke. Need more redlight cameras, massive fines and serious loss of licence.

The end of my street is a light controlled T junction. If you normally proceed when the lights turn green, there's a good chance you'll get T-boned within a week.

Wow, Brian!  I assume Mrs Cat is ok and no one was injured? There is never a good time for that to happen but just before Christmas has to be the worst time. Nearly had a bad start myself this morning. At West End waiting at a T intersection for the red arrow to go off so I could turn left. So the pedestrian light had been red for some time. I started to move to make my turn when a man on a bike with a baby cart in tow and a very young boy on a small bike flashed across the pedestrian crossing right in front of me.  Very near thing that would have spoilt a lot of people’s Christmas.

I hope you still have a good Christmas @ellicat

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2018 at 9:18 AM, ellicat said:

She was 77 and had a few scrapes. They took her off in the ambulance. Uncertain of any injuries but pretty sure it was just to give her a thorough check over.

Glad she is ok. I hope I can still drive at 77. No winners on that day. Bummer. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Glad she is ok. I hope I can still drive at 77. No winners on that day. Bummer. 

My mother still drives at 92 years of age. One of my brothers is a driving instructor these days and he finds an excuse to be a passenger in her car regularly. So far he reckons that she would pass a driving test and when he says it is time to hang up the keys she has agreed that she will. I hope I have her genes.

9 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

My mother still drives at 92 years of age. One of my brothers is a driving instructor these days and he finds an excuse to be a passenger in her car regularly. So far he reckons that she would pass a driving test and when he says it is time to hang up the keys she has agreed that she will. I hope I have her genes.

That is awesome!!! 

9 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Good Genes to have in the family for sure!

Archived