17 hours ago, Carpie1 said:

Hi everyone, my names Kev and my username says it all. These days due to health issues I mostly target the old mudmarlin, good fun on light gear

Hey kev. Welcome to afo. Great work thinning out the carp. Got any pics of carp you have caught? Sorry i just love photos of fish... i probably should see a doctor about my condition haha.

Also do you ever try eating them?

• 9 months later...
On 26/12/2018 at 8:31 AM, Drop Bear said:

Hey kev. Welcome to afo. Great work thinning out the carp. Got any pics of carp you have caught? Sorry i just love photos of fish... i probably should see a doctor about my condition haha.

Also do you ever try eating them?

Yes I have eaten Carp, Macedonian  friends of my late father gave me some straight off the barby, not bad. The only problem is it takes about 3 days to prepare them for cooking.

Troy  tethered them in fresh water for a couple of days, he would bleed them [cut off there tail], gut and clean, he would score them like you do with pork, boil in milk, marinate them herbs etc,  keep in fridge overnight, then onto the barby. Didn't taste to bad either. To much mucking around for me