stefan mazur

victoria Pflueger Trion Rods

Recommended Posts

Anyone out there have this problem.?i use pflueger stuff quite a bit,but 6yrs ago approxi bought a trion rod from bcf...sbapped on a 1lb trout..sobibthought damn..yep rods do snap occasionally..maybe it was my fault.but i looked at th rod with a magnifying glass.couldnt find any glaws with it..took itcas just bad luck.yrsterday i used my trion rid thatci boight about three yrs ago....snapped on a 6lb fish.both from bcf.Asked around.and i was told th delivery is rough they manhandle th rods too slap happy and place in th racks.anyone hav thus problem?i.m careful with my tackle.i treat it like gold..i.m never buying pflueger stuff again ..to weak.i hsve video proof of it snspping

Edited by stefan mazur
left out a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stefan mazur said:

Anyone out there have this problem.?i use pflueger stuff quite a bit,but 6yrs ago approxi bought a trion rod from bcf...sbapped on a 1lb trout..sobibthought damn..yep rods do snap occasionally..maybe it was my fault.but i looked at th rod with a magnifying glass.couldnt find any glaws with it..took itcas just bad luck.yrsterday i used my trion rid thatci boight about three yrs ago....snapped on a 6lb fish.both from bcf.Asked around.and i was told th delivery is rough they manhandle th rods too slap happy and place in th racks.anyone hav thus problem?i.m careful with my tackle.i treat it like gold..i.m never buying pflueger stuff again ..to weak.i hsve video proof of it snspping

Man that must burn. Will they do a refund or replacement? Carbon rods are so brittle... I think I need to go back to glass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I.m thinking thsame.i.m too scared to buy an expensive rod like loomis or upmarket Daiwa u less they have a replacement warranty.i think loomis does.but trying to get it ...well u can only hope.when i work out bow to put my video on here i.m postin how it broke.inwas watching some delivery guys delivering to another sports store.and they just grabbed about 20 rods under their arm and took them in th shop.thats easily one way to fracture them.you gotta really check th rods over b4 u buy..thats th only way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've used a lot of cheaper graphite / carbon rods and have never (touch wood) snapped one as yet.  I am not particularly precious with my gear either, i take them rock fishing and the like so they do get a bit bumped about along the way.  I haven't used a pfluger trion particularly but have used a lot of raider rods and other lower grade shimano ones with no issues.  I would ensure your casting style, lure weight and fighting style are all conducive to graphite rods, they are all a bit different to how you would fish with a fibreglass rod. 

 

alternatively, if you can afford to upgrade I would look at the raider series for not a lot of $$ or if the budget extends enough the wilson blade n tails series.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gday benno

ive been fishing for 50years.never had Ny oroblems till th rods were being made in taiwan etc.dont think i.m going bac to fibreglass,that was just th mood i was in lol.i do mainly finesse fishing,th trion rod i used was 2 -4kg.6'6inch.i regularly pull in4 tob6lb trout and 15lb carp on 4lb line.thats not really overdoing it.th fish thatcsnapped this was about 6lbth one years ago was a 2lb macca.another guy on aus fish forum has th ssme prob with trion rods.i contacted them on facebook.but they couldnt helpp just fobbed me off to th consumer deptin states.but i wasnt after a new rod,.im dissapointed these rods fail.on light fish .but like you say,they are lower market rods,but i still paid $120.00,still a reasobable price for a rod.i have raider rods, theyrr ok, ....so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, stefan mazur said:

Gday benno

ive been fishing for 50years.never had Ny oroblems till th rods were being made in taiwan etc.dont think i.m going bac to fibreglass,that was just th mood i was in lol.i do mainly finesse fishing,th trion rod i used was 2 -4kg.6'6inch.i regularly pull in4 tob6lb trout and 15lb carp on 4lb line.thats not really overdoing it.th fish thatcsnapped this was about 6lbth one years ago was a 2lb macca.another guy on aus fish forum has th ssme prob with trion rods.i contacted them on facebook.but they couldnt helpp just fobbed me off to th consumer deptin states.but i wasnt after a new rod,.im dissapointed these rods fail.on light fish .but like you say,they are lower market rods,but i still paid $120.00,still a reasobable price for a rod.i have raider rods, theyrr ok, ....so far

one decent tap on the side of a low resin carbon rod is enough to do them in. Tip wraps break them and and foot that stands on them will break them. I have broken waaaaayyyyy too many expensive rods in the past 3 years or so. I'm going to go back to cheaper, heavier, higher resin level rods like the Live Fiber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive got a fenwick fly rod that was i think made in usa.bought it in 1974,mix of carbon and some other.i think boron.but i may be wrong,i cut it down from 7ft6inch to a 6footer.as it was a bit knocked around but its still going strong,and ive dropped it banged it against tree etc, hasnt busted.

theyre just not putting enough guts into th rods these days ...its a th r ow away world now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stefan mazur said:

Ive got a fenwick fly rod that was i think made in usa.bought it in 1974,mix of carbon and some other.i think boron.but i may be wrong,i cut it down from 7ft6inch to a 6footer.as it was a bit knocked around but its still going strong,and ive dropped it banged it against tree etc, hasnt busted.

theyre just not putting enough guts into th rods these days ...its a th r ow away world now

Yep. the ultra light rods are very very nice to use and I understand why tournament anglers use them but they are not a knock about rod like I need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.