Luvit

Recommendation For Motor Cowl Painting

I am considering having my motor cowl professionally painted. Does anyone have a guy that could do it?

I already have new decals coming in preparation. If it too expensive or can’t find someone l’ll have a go myself. The Yamaha paint l got from Whiteworths is not a perfect match though. 

TIA

Thnaks

2 hours ago, aussie123 said:

Go to any panel beater/spray painter to get it painted.

Remove all the bits and pieces from the cowl as well as the old stickers if you want to save a little bit in labour costs.

Thanks Lance, that is why I called you yesterday. I have found a guy that was recommended by Brisbane Boat Painting for the small jobs they don't do. A reason price and more what I expected.

1 minute ago, aussie123 said:

It shouldn't cost much to spray paint Wayne, especially if you are supplying the paint.

I want them to color match it so I won't be supplying the paint. I bought a can from Whiteworths but it's to light in colour. This guy is an Auto sprayer but has done lots of Suzuki motors int he past.

$350 I though was reasonable considering the the hours involved. The other price I got was $825! way out of the park.

5 hours ago, Luvit said:

I want them to color match it so I won't be supplying the paint. I bought a can from Whiteworths but it's to light in colour. This guy is an Auto sprayer but has done lots of Suzuki motors int he past.

$350 I though was reasonable considering the the hours involved. The other price I got was $825! way out of the park.

I hope you will have some extra metallic flecks thrown in!

Please login or register to view this image

Get that bling going haha