Sign in to follow this  
Old Scaley

south queensland A Spotless Trip

There was pretty much every type of marine critter growing on it @Drop Bear. My nephew started talking in Latin when he was listing them all, but no oysters that I saw. We decided that since it was now a living organism we should send it back to the sea bed. I dragged another combo up from near Peel Island a few years ago with an Abu spinning reel on it. It was totally encrusted in barnacles and things but the reel still turned.

On 10/01/2019 at 5:11 PM, Old Scaley said:

There was pretty much every type of marine critter growing on it @Drop Bear. My nephew started talking in Latin when he was listing them all, but no oysters that I saw. We decided that since it was now a living organism we should send it back to the sea bed. I dragged another combo up from near Peel Island a few years ago with an Abu spinning reel on it. It was totally encrusted in barnacles and things but the reel still turned.

Nice. I lost one just out from the tug boats last year... it was my favourite. At least I know that it will be making some fish habitat.