Wavebreak Island Social 25th To 28th January

tugger

Heading down to the gold coast to spend the long weekend at the anchorage on the north side of wavebeak island. We plan on doing some pelagic fishing out from the southport seaway with marlin, mackerel, cobia, Wahoo and dolphin fish all running now on the Goldie.

There are plenty of bread and butter species on the broadwater with whiting and bream caught straight off the beach there. These socials are regular down there this time of year so if your keen to join us post up here.

I will be down there Friday morning and set up a day camp on the beach right in front of that anchorage.

I wouldn't have made it down unfortunately Mark - was at work til 6pm tonight and too much to do this weekend in amongst family commitments. Going to be one hell of a busy term - bring on Easter!!

@Fisherman's gear - when the next one pops up just post that your interested and chasing a deckie spot, chances are normally reasonably good and Wavebreak is only a two minute run from the nearest ramp so someone would be willing to pick you up and drop you off. They are an awesome weekend.

11 hours ago, tugger said:

With no confirmed starters and my deckie couldn't make it I have called the social off

Sorry I couldn't make it mate. I hope you can get out for a fish anyhow. Its a great thing you do, organising the socials. So many people benefit from them and have a great time. Plenty of people also get to fish in ways that they haven't tried before. 

Archived