Here I Am.

snafu

I joined the forum 3 years ago and I've finally gotten around to my first post - hey, I'm a Queenslander and don't like to do things in a hurry. 😉

Being retired and full time travelling, I get to fish in a lot of different locations, sometimes in the salt, but mainly in the fresh targeting yellas up here in western Qld rivers. I occasionally get down to South Oz when the crabs and calamari are on and even like spending time catching carp on ultra light gear just for the hell of it in the Murray.

Due to the extended drought, most of my favourite spots in outback Qld have become nothing more than the occasional mud-hole, so it looks like it's time for a trip down south again and hit some of the coastal estuaries and rivers.

Jeff

55 minutes ago, snafu said:

I joined the forum 3 years ago and I've finally gotten around to my first post - hey, I'm a Queenslander and don't like to do things in a hurry. 😉

Being retired and full time travelling, I get to fish in a lot of different locations, sometimes in the salt, but mainly in the fresh targeting yellas up here in western Qld rivers. I occasionally get down to South Oz when the crabs and calamari are on and even like spending time catching carp on ultra light gear just for the hell of it in the Murray.

Due to the extended drought, most of my favourite spots in outback Qld have become nothing more than the occasional mud-hole, so it looks like it's time for a trip down south again and hit some of the coastal estuaries and rivers.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

I'd love to see some pics of your fishing spots if you have time. 

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the forum 🙂

I'd love to see some pics of your fishing spots if you have time. 

Thanks for the welcome, Drop Bear. I'll have a bit of a rat through my pics to see if I've got any worth posting.

Jeff

30 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Welcome to the world of posting.

It'd be great to see and hear how you're going as you move around the country living the dream. 🙂

Thanks, Ellicat.

There are a lot like me out there 'living the dream', some are serious, full-blown fishing maniacs and others are just lay-back worm drowners who don't care if they catch a fish or not. Me, I'm somewhere in the middle and when the fish go off the chew, I move on to my next secret spot. As they say, 'it's a tough life, but someone has to do it'. 😉

Jeff

10 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Just put up lots of brag photos and tell lots of stories 🙂 

Robbie, I grew up in an era when very few fishos carried a camera and as such, a lot of those memorable catches went unrecorded. In the current era, where practically every device known to mankind seems to have the capability of recording an image and then instantly transferring it to some other place, there are no longer any excuses for failing to present a photo of something to brag about, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. I guess one would call me a minimalist when it comes to fishing - I only carry the most essential gear and that has never included cameras or smartphones. Maybe I should take that great leap into the 21st century.

As for stories, like all fishos, I only tell true stories - or most of them are. 😉

Jeff

Archived