Filtering Queensland Related Topics On Afo. Should They Be Consolidated And Merged?

AFO

Filtering Queensland related topics on AFO. Should they be consolidated and merged?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. It is proposed to merge the North Queensland and South Queensland tag into just Queensland. Do people filter by these and would it cause any issues if they are merged?

• Yes, please merge them so posts are only tagged with the Queensland location
    • No, leave it at two tags North Queensland and South Queensland

Currently on AFO when you post a fishing related topic (either saltwater or freshwater) you are required to tag a location. If in Queensland, the choices are North Queensland and South Queensland.

It is proposed to merge these into just one tag: Queensland.

Please let AFO your feedback in the poll above ⬆️

Do people use the tags to filter locations? It is proposed that city specific locations (eg Cairns or Bundaberg) can still be tagged in addition to the Queensland tag if a specific location is desired. 

Although I am new to the forum, the thing that pops into my head is where do you draw the line between north & south? Is it the Tropic of Capricorn  and where do the inland rivers and impoundments fit into north & south?

I mainly fish the Dawson, Upper Fitzroy, Nogoa, Barcoo & Thomson rivers that are almost smack bang on  the tropic line, so with the current format of north & south, where should I post a report? 

My opinion, for what it's worth - there is only one Queensland.

Jeff 

Based on the feedback above, AFO will be merging the tags of North Queensland and South Queensland in due course.

It is recommended then, and in everyone's case no matter where you are in Australia, to add a tag of the specific location, be as broad or specific as you like.

For example:

• balmain
  • moreton bay
  • corio bay
  • mermaid reef
  • fitzroy river
  • weipa
  • whyalla
  • rottnest island
  • moogerah dam
  • stokes hill wharf
  • dinah beach