Mooloolaba Worms

Flanker978

On 27/01/2019 at 2:54 PM, Flanker978 said:

Hi all, 

just wondering if anyone knows some good spots for worming around Mooloolaba.

Wanting to teach the kids. 

Thanks

Hey Flanker,

Do you mean beach worming or digging out mud worms? 

All the surf beaches will have them.

I am no help with mud worms. I only know how to get them on the weed beds near Wynnum sorry. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2019 at 3:31 PM, Flanker978 said:

Thanks guys. 

Unfortunatly I can’t catch anything 1m long!!!!!

Flanker978, I`ve always found if you fish at boat ramps that are popular with water-skiers, that if you fish within 50 metres on the up river side of it, legal size (up to 1.5m) bullies are a regular catch. Flake may not be your cup of tea but take my word for it, practising C&R with sharks with skiers around is great if you have a perverse sense of humour, which  I do 🙂 oh by the way, you get to hear words that no one has read in a bible 😄

Gad,

I don't know whether you are being serious or not I'm afraid.  But you are bloody funny.

I think if I'm not going to catch fish I should make it a mission to meet some of you guys eh !   Sure makes a change from other sorts in our general community we have to put up with on a day-to-day basis.

There are a number of interesting / good people on this forum.

6 hours ago, swmcl said:

Gad,I don't know whether you are being serious or not I'm afraid..... 

Yes swmcl,  in the past I have and will in future  C&R sharks caught around boat ramps and the skiing fraternity. In saying that I don`t mind the once in a while feed of flake and keep one every now and then. Bleed, headed, gutted and onto ice/ or into ice slurry, then immediately filleted (when back home) into meal portions and into freezer for a minimum of two weeks seems to get the best tasting in them when cooked.

On 15/02/2019 at 3:13 PM, Gad said:

Flanker978, I`ve always found if you fish at boat ramps that are popular with water-skiers, that if you fish within 50 metres on the up river side of it, legal size (up to 1.5m) bullies are a regular catch. Flake may not be your cup of tea but take my word for it, practising C&R with sharks with skiers around is great if you have a perverse sense of humour, which  I do 🙂 oh by the way, you get to hear words that no one has read in a bible 😄

Best post in ages. hahaha 🏆

On 16/02/2019 at 2:05 PM, Gad said:

Yes swmcl,  in the past I have and will in future  C&R sharks caught around boat ramps and the skiing fraternity. In saying that I don`t mind the once in a while feed of flake and keep one every now and then. Bleed, headed, gutted and onto ice/ or into ice slurry, then immediately filleted (when back home) into meal portions and into freezer for a minimum of two weeks seems to get the best tasting in them when cooked.

Pro tip on the freezing too. I will do that from now on. I have heard that from quite a few people now. 

Archived