NPD 30/1/19

rayke1938

Back again this morning

We did well from 6 of our redclaw pots that had forkies as bait but the boat is really on the nose even though all that was left in the pots was a few bits of skin and bones. Averaged around 20 redclaw in the pots with forky bait against 4 to 6 in the other few pots that had dog biscuits in them.

We got 4 forkies today so they have been converted to redclaw bait but I am not popular with the pongy boat parked outside the bedroom window.

We found a good school of bass and managed 12 in quick time before the school moved on never to be found again.

Saw the energex boys working on the pylons after being raised up on a mobile tower.Not for me with around 20k of wind blowing.

Cheers

Ray

IMG_1267.JPG

IMG_1269.JPG

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

Don’t want to hijack @rayke1938,s report but @benno573‘s postbreminded me about my last fishing trip last week. When I was packing the boat I went looking for some bait I had left over from the previous trip because I thought I could use it in the crab pots or at least chop it up for burley.  Checked all the freezers and no good. Uh oh, could it be possible that I left it in the little six pack esky that I keep for bait? Reluctantly I lifted the lid and sure enough there it was. The stench was unbelievable. I was gagging then, and gagging as I ditched it overboard later in the morning. My first time, but pretty sure I am not the only one to make that mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2019 at 3:08 PM, Old Scaley said:

Don’t want to hijack @rayke1938,s report but @benno573‘s postbreminded me about my last fishing trip last week. When I was packing the boat I went looking for some bait I had left over from the previous trip because I thought I could use it in the crab pots or at least chop it up for burley.  Checked all the freezers and no good. Uh oh, could it be possible that I left it in the little six pack esky that I keep for bait? Reluctantly I lifted the lid and sure enough there it was. The stench was unbelievable. I was gagging then, and gagging as I ditched it overboard later in the morning. My first time, but pretty sure I am not the only one to make that mistake.

Guilty. I have done this way too many times. 

Archived