Sunscreen

Greeneggs

None. I have a hardtop to hide under...😎

In the old open vessel I'd use banana boat, orange squeeze tube or they do a roll on too. Use disposable gloves if you have the squeeze tube.  They also have zinc sticks. 

The cancer council stuff used to burn me more than if I didn't have it on. 

Got a good treatment for skin cancer too. Not approved by any doctors etc but they know it works, and it gets the whole lot too. 

12 hours ago, Junky said:

None. I have a hardtop to hide under...😎

In the old open vessel I'd use banana boat, orange squeeze tube or they do a roll on too. Use disposable gloves if you have the squeeze tube.  They also have zinc sticks. 

The cancer council stuff used to burn me more than if I didn't have it on. 

Got a good treatment for skin cancer too. Not approved by any doctors etc but they know it works, and it gets the whole lot too. 

Hi @Junky, probably like a few people on here I have had heaps of skin cancers removed of all the various types so I would be really happy to hear about anything that might help.  Have heard about milkweed sap but that didn’t work for me. A mate with equally bad history swears by nicotinamide as a preventative. Anything you can share would be welcome. 

On 02/02/2019 at 9:23 AM, rayke1938 said:

any free samples?

I would love to send you one to trial!  They are just an applicator so you just fill it with your favourite sunscreen.  It does allow you to put sunscreen on without a single drop getting on your hands.  It has a roller ball and sponge.  What do you think?

On 01/02/2019 at 7:40 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

No, haven't seen that before but worth considering. Probably not a bad thread to also add the question what sunscreen brands do people use when fishing? I was only thinking recently that I should put more thought into what sort I use so I can minimise the scent on my hands.

Shall I send you a sample?  It is an applicator so NO sunscreen will touch your hand and you just fill it with the sunscreen of your choice.  Let me know!

Invisible Zinc for the face, banana boat or Aldi el cheapo for the rest, long sleeve shirt, wide brim hat and buff (when I remember). I spent the first 30 years of my life in the sun wearing only boardies and baby oil and I am paying for it these days, so you younger people make sure you slip, slop and slap.

I use a wide brim hat, face mask, wide sunnies, long sleeve shirt and spray on banana boat, mutagena ( spelling not sure its a yellow tin spray on and is awesome!) then usually barefooted or wearing crocs....Yes I like like a twat but I don't get too burnt compared to when I was a kid and being bloody reckless now looking back on it! 

On 04/02/2019 at 2:32 PM, Greeneggs said:

I would love to send you one to trial!  They are just an applicator so you just fill it with your favourite sunscreen.  It does allow you to put sunscreen on without a single drop getting on your hands.  It has a roller ball and sponge.  What do you think?

Im up for it mate. Sounds really good. I end up with sunscreen all over my hands then on my shorts then on my line and glasses and lures and boat... 

On 08/02/2019 at 4:44 PM, Drop Bear said:

Ok I dont use bandannas. I have a big head and find them very tight on my nose and eventually give up and take them off. 

Are there any good bandannas that people could recommend that might come in a fat bastard sizing? 

Mate I am a bit bigger then you and I have a Daiwa one that came with a rod but also have one for m BCF that fits fine...... Just stretch a little then put on noggin.

I have one of these in the boat console:

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/742305/woolworths-sunscreen-spf-50-

That and a pack of baby wipes.

I don't see any benefit in buying fancy brands for the boat. Sunscreens are supposed to meet certain performance criteria set by the TGA, so a cheapy should be just as effective as an expensive brand. The differences in price are likely to be secondary benefits like improved water resistance and how 'greasy' they are etc. If people are having issues with a sunscreen, the issue is more than likely with how much was applied.

Scent-free baby wipes are good to wipe the hands clean of sunscreen!

Archived