ellicat

ROUND 7  

2 games played Thursday  both will be Televised on CHANNEL 9 and FOX SPORTS

Thursday, April 25

Roosters v Dragons

4.05pm at Sydney Cricket Ground (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Storm v Warriors

7.50pm at AAMI Park (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, April 26

Bulldogs v Cowboys

6pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Panthers v Rabbitohs

7.55pm at Panthers Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, April 27

Tigers v Titans

5.30pm at Scully Park, Tamworth (FOX SPORTS)

Broncos v Sharks

7.35pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, April 28

Sea Eagles v Raiders

2pm at Lottoland (FOX SPORTS)

Knights v Eels

4.05pm at McDonald Jones Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

ROUND 7   results

Thursday, April 25

ANZAC DAY... Lest We Forget...

Roosters 20 v 10 Dragons

Storm 13 v 12 Warriors

👍  Two hard fought games 🙂

Friday, April 26

Bulldogs 24 v 12 Cowboys

The Doggies rounded up the Cowboys...

Panthers 18 v 22 Rabbitohs

a game of ‘again’ and ‘just’

again the Bunnies ‘just’ did enough to get the 2 points... the Panthers ‘just’ keep letting them selves down,  again giving away the 2 points on offer,

Saturday, April 27

Tigers 30 v 14 Titans

with the Titans and the Suns, Gold Coast oval ball fans do not have much to cheer about... if we lived in a humane world the ATO would allow their faithful fans to claim membership fees and ticket costs as tax deductions.

Broncos 29 v 6 Sharks

Bronco bolted out of the barrier and was never challenged for the lead in the Turf and Surf Stakes, but do not get overly excited, it`s no Winx...  having had major dental extractions, runner up Shark performed like a southern gummy, it had plenty of run in it, but no real bite!

Sunday, April 28

Sea Eagles v Raiders

Qld selectors take note: Manly rose up to beat the Raiders after DCE left the field. 🤣

Knights 28 v 14 Eels

Both teams and at least one touchy needed to be blood and urine sampled at half and full time.😐

14 hours ago, Gad said:

Bronco bolted out of the barrier and was never challenged for the lead in the Turf and Surf Stakes, but do not get overly excited, it`s no Winx...  having had major dental extractions, runner up Shark performed like a southern gummy, it had plenty of run in it, but no real bite!

Gold. They are a Winx for sure... just a hobbled version... for now. 

2 hours ago, natang said:

IT's a tuff year for tipping this year. I try and tip with team lists and what I think will win not my heart. However have changed a few tips over the last few weekends last minute where I should have trusted my gutt feeling. If I hadn't of changed them I would be higher then where I am at now...

Mate I am on the bottom of the table. I know your pain haha. 

ROUND 8  results....

Thursday, May 2

Rabbitohs 38 v 6 Broncos

Friday, May 3

Cowboys 28 v 14 Titans

Sharks 20 v 18 Storm

Saturday, May 4

Raiders 20 v 18 Panthers

Sea Eagles 18 v 10 Bulldogs

Roosters 42 v 12 Wests Tigers

Sunday, May 5

Warriors 18 v 36 Knights

Eels 38 v 18 Dragons

No comments this round... only saw/heard Bunny v Bronco game due to my son`s wedding and visiting/staying rellies.

ROUND 9

ALL games played at Brisbane SUNCORP STADIUM

Thursday, May 9

Titans v Sharks

7.50pm at Suncorp Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, May 10

Tigers v Panthers

6pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sea Eagles v Broncos

7.55pm at Suncorp Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, May 11

Bulldogs v Knights

3pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Warriors v Dragons

5.30pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Storm v Eels

7.35pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, May 12

Roosters v Raiders

2pm at Suncorp Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Rabbitohs v Cowboys

4.05pm at Suncorp Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

On 06/05/2019 at 7:33 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Good, the less comments about the Bunnies v Broncos game the better ....... 😪

I actually thought the younger Broncos faced/stood up to the seasoned/game matured Bunnies fairly well. Obviously, with the Broncos pre-season dramas` and coach swapping farce, this season has turned into an NRL maturing experience for the next generation of Broncos and the remaining senior players have had to readjust their individual styles/skill sets, to work in with this large number of under developed new generation, transition

On 08/05/2019 at 3:47 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

I agree @Gad as they got into the game and got unlucky bounces that led to the first two tries, but to see defence like the one that James Roberts let in breaks your heart. I just hope now the Blues pick him and he has similar defence in Origin ....... 🙂 

Robert`s is struggling both on field and off field mentally, he slipped back into some off field dramas after the Bennett saga and was always going to find it difficult to adjust to a new coaching regime. Bennett (love him... hate him) has always had a way with mentoring and bringing out the best of players with inner troubles. Don`t know what Seibold is like as a people/players person, the word when he departed the Bunnies was... that he doesn`t handle adverse pressure/constructive criticism well. I did read an article in which the journo compared Seibolds people skills/coaching to that of Jason Taylor .... 

My guess is some time before June 30 transfer cut off, Robert`s may turn into a Bunny??

ROUND 9  results

Thursday, May 9 

Titans 18 v 26 Sharks

Under strength Sharks rolling on momentum. Titans shot themselves in both feet again.

Friday, May 10

Tigers 30 v 4 Panthers

Tigers showed their teeth and claws in the first 15 minutes, then snarled for 68 minutes.

Sea Eagles 10 v 26 Broncos

one has to be realistic, Manly were without 6 of their first 17 and injury hit (3) during the match, the Bronco beat up a one legged sea eagle in a bum kicking contest!

Saturday, May 11

Bulldogs 10 v 22 Knights

the Knights won

Warriors 26 v 18 Dragons

did the Dragons` staff forget to add the Up&GO juice to the half time Gatorade 

Storm 64 v 10 Eels

Thank goodness the fat lady sang... this could have been a massive score line blow out,  if she hadn`t

Sunday, May 12

Roosters 30 v 24 Raiders

Neither coach would be thrilled with the full 80 minute performances

Rabbitohs 32 v 16 Cowboys

Bunnies ran hot and cold for an expected win

ROUND 10

Thursday, May 16

Storm v Tigers

7.50pm at AAMI Park (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, May 17

Panthers v Warriors

6pm at Panthers Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Broncos v Roosters

7.55pm at Suncorp Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, May 18

Titans v Bulldogs

3pm at CBus Super Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Cowboys v Eels

5.30pm at 1300Smiles Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Raiders v Rabbitohs

7.35pm at GIO Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, May 19

Dragons v Knights

2pm at Glen Willow Stadium, Mudgee (FOX SPORTS)

Sharks v Sea Eagles

4.05pm at Shark Park (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

@ellicat, I am surprised you didn’t tip your beloved Tigers last night.  I thought they were the better team for 95% of the game.  We should have a rule that you have to tip your nominated favourite team.. I always tip the 3 Queensland teams which means that most weeks I am starting from -3 😫 but at least I can watch the games and not be hoping they lose.  Tipping Broncos over Chooks tonight but expect to be disappointed again. Fair chance Cowboys and Titans could win so this could be a good week for me. 😀

1 hour ago, Old Scaley said:

@ellicat, I am surprised you didn’t tip your beloved Tigers last night.  I thought they were the better team for 95% of the game.  We should have a rule that you have to tip your nominated favourite team.. I always tip the 3 Queensland teams which means that most weeks I am starting from -3 😫 but at least I can watch the games and not be hoping they lose.  Tipping Broncos over Chooks tonight but expect to be disappointed again. Fair chance Cowboys and Titans could win so this could be a good week for me. 😀

I look at it that I can't lose. If the Tigers win, I'm happy for that. If the Tigers lose I'm happy to get the tip right.

Yes, the Tigers had a good game, especially against the Storm. Now if only we can play like that against the lower teams we might get into the finals.

4 hours ago, ellicat said:

I look at it that I can't lose. If the Tigers win, I'm happy for that. If the Tigers lose I'm happy to get the tip right.

Yes, the Tigers had a good game, especially against the Storm. Now if only we can play like that against the lower teams we might get into the finals.

Agreed - tipped against my Broncos (a few days ago I was tipping them but the brain took over when push came to shove) but still feel like a winner. What a win!!!  There's some crazy nude guy running down my street waving a Bronco's flag - I wish @Drop Bear would keep it down a bit ........ 🙂 

ROUND 10  results

Thursday, May 16

Storm 24 v 22 Tigers

the Tigers had it for 76 minutes......

Friday, May 17

Panthers 10 v 30 Warriors

Nikorima plays well without having to carry Milford...

Broncos 15 v 10 Roosters

2 in a row for the Broncos, as a team the stood up together, excuses could be mounted for the Roosters but... Broncos got the 2points

Saturday, May 18

Titans 16 v 22 Bulldogs

Last round, the Titans shot themselves in both feet... this round, they knee-capped themselves.

Cowboys 17 v 10 Eels

Cowboys shot a few early opportunities to put the Eels to the sword but 2 trys and a pot shot in the last 15 minutes ensured them the 2 points.

Raiders 12 v 16 Rabbitohs

Once again the Bunnies just get away with the 2 points.

Sunday, May 19

Dragons 12 v 45 Knights

were the Knights that good or were the Dragons that bad... 2 late trys turned 0 into 12 for the Dragons

Sharks 14 v 24 Sea Eagles

once again a Sharks home game v Manly ended with a Manly win.

ROUND 11

Thursday, May 23

Eels v Panthers

7.50pm at Western Sydney Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, May 24

Sea Eagles v Titans

6pm at Lottoland (FOX SPORTS)

Knights v Roosters

7.55pm at McDonald Jones Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, May 25

Raiders v Cowboys

3pm at GIO Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Warriors v Broncos

5.30pm at Mt Smart Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Rabbitohs v Tigers

7.35pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, May 26

Bulldogs v Storm

2pm at Belmore Oval (FOX SPORTS)

Dragons v Sharks

4.05pm at Jubilee Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

ROUND 11 results

Thursday, May 23

Eels 10 v 16 Panthers

Neither team deserved to claim the 2 points for the low level of rugby league played.

Friday, May 24

Sea Eagles 18 v 36 Titans

Titans announce Meninga has been given a semi load of laxatives to go through their football department. SURPRISE: over paid players recall that they don`t get the big $$$ just to live on the Gold Coast.......

Knights 38 v 12 Roosters

The Roosters were left rudderless, when Leary was concussed, and were left with no (first choice) halves to steer their game plan.... in saying that, the Knights showed up and deserved the 2 points and the large win was a bonus

Saturday, May 25

Raiders 16 v 22 Cowboys

Cowboys 2 in a row... and at GIO Stadium

Warriors 2 v 8 Broncos

wet conditions and a hard fought game, the Bronco forwards stood tall again this round and Milford earned some of his $$$ this week.

Rabbitohs 32 v 16 Tigers

Bunnies were challenged at times in each half but never really threatened

Sunday, May 26

Bulldogs 6 v 28 Storm

and so the methodical Storm, keep on keeping on...

Dragons 9 v 22 Sharks

Dragons continue on their downhill roll... admittedly losing forwards Frizell and James Graham along with centre Tim Lafai, all in the first half, and playing with 14 players for  the 2nd half, didn`t help their cause.

SOO 2019 GAME 1 Wednesday 5 June, Brisbane

Teams:

Queenslanders: Kalyn Ponga, Corey Oates, Michael Morgan, Will Chambers, Dane Gagai, Cameron Munster, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jai Arrow, Ben Hunt, Josh Papalii, Felise Kaufusi, Matt Gillett, Josh Maguire. Interchange: Moses Mbye, Dylan Napa, David Fifita, Joe Ofahengaue, Tim Gladsby. 

The other mobJames Tedesco, Nick Cotric, Latrell Mitchell, Josh Morris, Josh Addo-Carr, Cody Walker, Nathan Cleary, David Klemmer, Damien Cook, Paul Vaughan, Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: Jack Wighton, Payne Haas, Cameron Murray, Angus Crichton

ROUND 12

Thursday, May 30

Panthers v Sea Eagles

7.50pm at Panthers Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Friday, May 31

Eels v Rabbitohs

7.55pm at Western Sydney Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Saturday, June 1

Bulldogs v Raiders

7.35pm at ANZ Stadium (FOX SPORTS)

Sunday, June 2

Titans v Cowboys

4.05pm at CBus Super Stadium (CHANNEL 9/FOX SPORTS)

Byes: Broncos, Dragons, Knights, Roosters, Sharks, Storm, Tigers, Warriors

ROUND 12  results

Thursday, May 30

Panthers 15 v 12 Sea Eagles

some fans turned up to see two, up and down, teams fight it out and watch Manly lose it`s third game in four games

Friday, May 31

Eels 26 v 14 Rabbitohs

Eel fans are thrilled that their team beat the 3 Burgesses and Adam Reynolds.

Saturday, June 1

Bulldogs 10 v 12 Raiders

... the Raiders beat 16th on the ladder in the last 10 minutes, with a penalty goal!

Sunday, June 2

Titans 4 v 6 Cowboys

this appeared to be the hardest fought game going no where fast, of the round.

Titans 4-0 half time . 50 minute mark  Cowboys 6 – 4...

Go the MAROONS